Sons' sorrow

16 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Mainly in a 4231 but because we were so defensive he had to do just as much tracking back as a wide man in a 442 and was pretty good at it so it shouldn't be an issue if he plays there. He will deliver 6/10 performances most weeks but will win you headers from goal kicks and score a decent amount of goals.

Jim Duffy likes this. 

1 hour ago, madton said:

Quick question on Robert Thomson.

I know he predominantly played out left for you boys, was that in a 4231 or a 442?

If it was normally a 4231, do you think he could play left Mid in a 442 which is Duffy's preferred formation?

Curious to know where Duffy will play him this season. With Oliver, McHugh and Quitongo, he might find himself playing left mid. I actually think we have the players to be play a 4231, but i doubt Duffy will.

He was a revelation when Stevie Aitken played him on the left tbh.

Always looked a threat, gave 100%, I wish him well at Morton (not when up against us of course) :)

38 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Would love to get Craig Barr. He might be injury prone, but he's a sensational player when he's fit.

Is Bobby Barr up for grabs or is he still with Raith?Wouldn't mind him for Sons this season...

Quick question on Robert Thomson.
I know he predominantly played out left for you boys, was that in a 4231 or a 442?
If it was normally a 4231, do you think he could play left Mid in a 442 which is Duffy's preferred formation?
Curious to know where Duffy will play him this season. With Oliver, McHugh and Quitongo, he might find himself playing left mid. I actually think we have the players to be play a 4231, but i doubt Duffy will.

I'd be very surprised if Thompson is a starter for you, most of his best work when he came good for us was within the box. Not as good in the air as you would hope from a player with his height. IMO he wouldn't be any use to you at left mid. Hope he does well but not convinced.