Sons' sorrow

Really good signing I'd say. A few fans would have been happy if he stayed this season but for me I think we released him at the right time. He'll do a turn for Dumbarton and is a great leader at the back. He's a moany arsehole mind you and your 'keeper will take a rollocking on more than one occasion, it's never Dowie's fault :lol:

He'll win everything in the air. He isn't quick but reads the game really well to make up for it. No doubts he'll be a successful signing.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really good signing I'd say. A few fans would have been happy if he stayed this season but for me I think we released him at the right time. He'll do a turn for Dumbarton and is a great leader at the back. He's a moany arsehole mind you and your 'keeper will take a rollocking on more than one occasion, it's never Dowie's fault :lol:

He'll win everything in the air. He isn't quick but reads the game really well to make up for it. No doubts he'll be a successful signing.

Sounds like he'll be a solid replacement for Darren Barr then. I wonder if he'll be made captain. Experienced, right position and (by the sounds of it) a natural leader. 

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Sounds like he'll be a solid replacement for Darren Barr then. I wonder if he'll be made captain. Experienced, right position and (by the sounds of it) a natural leader. 

I'm not sure he's a natural leader. He's a decent captain in a lead by example kind of way and a really nice guy. Chris Higgins was a much more natural captain though. Dowie was our vice captain for most of his time here though and I'm sure he'd do fine with it if given the role.

Really good signing I'd say. A few fans would have been happy if he stayed this season but for me I think we released him at the right time. He'll do a turn for Dumbarton and is a great leader at the back. He's a moany arsehole mind you and your 'keeper will take a rollocking on more than one occasion, it's never Dowie's fault [emoji38]

Slow
Good positioning
Reads the game well
Wins everything in the air

Sounds like someone we had before, Can he reduce opponents to tears?

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure he's a natural leader. He's a decent captain in a lead by example kind of way and a really nice guy. Chris Higgins was a much more natural captain though. Dowie was our vice captain for most of his time here though and I'm sure he'd do fine with it if given the role.

Naturally it'll all come down to who we sign, but out of the eight players we have signed up he's the most ehm, leadery. 

I was never convinced Darren Barr was a natural captain, like Andy Graham before him, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Dowie sounds like more of a captain than Barr though, who was criticised quite a lot for seemingly being quiet on the pitch when things weren't going our way.

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We want more.

Happy enough with Dowie.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pretty happy with that. Now for more please.

AWOOGA

Echo this. I've finally had my hit, and it was so good I'm absolutely desperate for a full blown overdose. 

Slow
Good positioning
Reads the game well
Wins everything in the air

Sounds like someone we had before, Can he reduce opponents to tears?

He's more 'Not quick' than 'Slow' tbf. I can't ever recall commenting on how slow he is. He's just not gifted with pace. He could of course be extremely slow but I've never noticed it because he makes up for it with his reading of the game. Someone fast beside him wouldn't go a miss though.

Dowie was a particularly astute bit of business by Archie in our promotion winning season. A very steady performer in the run in and scored the opener in the title clincher at Falkirk. That spell was quite cathartic after he spent a rather acrimonious period with us in our relegation season under Gerry Britton, Derek Whyte and latterly Dick Campbell, ending in him being sacked along with Stevie Fulton for going to the boozer during a game at Raith.

I had him down for older than 34 now though. Sure he'll do a fine job at Dumbarton.