Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

Hearing the full ydi programme was scrapped last night. Anyone heard the same?

Would be a shame if so, but what has been the benefit from it?

I can't say I've heard anything today, but I wouldn't be shocked. Your final sentence sums things up perfectly. Ideally we'd have a great youth system (like Hamilton, Falkirk etc) bringing through fantastic homegrown talent, and selling them on. Ultimately though it's been a failure over the last decade (one or two aside). Whether that's the fault of the scouts, the coaching, the club, the management or simply how saturated the market is around us, I don't know. However with 'Project Brave' seemingly squeezing the funding even more, it's not worth spraying a decent chunk of money at unfortunately.

On the recruitment front, Ryan McGeever has left Queen's Park. Was arguably the best defender in L1 last season, would like to think we'll be sniffing around him - although there'll be plenty of competition I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Suppose it's preferable to get pumped out at the group stage by Albion Rovers and Stirling than it is Peterhead and Forfar.

In all honesty i hope we can put together some sort of run in this competition, even if its just to coin in a bit extra money or to play a high profilecup tie to lift the team and the support.It seemed to work for the Buddies this season with their trip to Celtic.I dont want it to be treated like 4 friendlies.That really short changes the fans that do go.

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

In all honesty i hope we can put together some sort of run in this competition, even if its just to coin in a bit extra money or to play a high profilecup tie to lift the team and the support.It seemed to work for the Buddies this season with their trip to Celtic.I dont want it to be treated like 4 friendlies.That really short changes the fans that do go.

I agree, we should be doing everything we can to progress and gain vital income.

That would be nice. Am I correct that in thinking that trialists are not allowed to play in BF cup?

7 minutes ago, albundy said:

That would be nice. Am I correct that in thinking that trialists are not allowed to play in BF cup?

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

Really not sure about that or if that rule was perhaps overturned.SO8 will know....

Albundy is correct as far as I'm aware. @Skyline Drifter will confirm though. Pretty sure Championship clubs can only field trialists in friendlies.

Just now, Sons Fan said:

I would take Partick, East Kilbride and Albion Rovers.

That would be awesome as a draw although the Kilby's would not be easy at their own ground.Then again we are Dumbarton ..... Bonnyrigg Rose were difficult FFS....

Killie (away), Edinburgh City (away) and then a couple of home ties against teams we haven’t played for a while. Albion Rovers and East Kilbride or something - though I’d love another trip to Cliftonhill.

Just not Stranraer away plz.

Hearing the full ydi programme was scrapped last night. Anyone heard the same?

Would be a shame if so, but what has been the benefit from it?

Now confirmed on the OS.

Pretty much confirms that the Nigel Farage of Scottish fitba and his 'Project Brave' have fucked us funding wise.

Hopefully all seething parents are able to read that through their tears and don't turn our facebook into an absolute minter fest.