Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Great stuff! Let the floodgates open!

200.gif

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Smashing, hopefully there's no issue with Durrant either. Now lets get a team built. I need an overdose of signing news - it's been too long.

If anyone is smart enough to photoshop some Sons players into that then it would be my favourite Gif of all time

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I also want to see the flood gif with Dumbarton players added in.

Does @Mon Dieu do homers, does anyone know?

I disagree, we got one side of the story which made the club look the bad guy. I thought the manner in which Martin got things dragged through the press was poor. I'm sure there's plenty of players wanting deals at this point, very few air their frustrations in public.

I'm not party to what was discussed between Aitken and Martin re: contracts and I don't doubt he enjoyed his time here but from the outside it appears there was a degree of leverage from using the press to broker improved terms which we weren't willing to match.

Yeah but at end of day, Aldo is entitled to get the best deal for him! He clearly liked being here and wanted to stay! We couldn't offer him what he wanted so he's gone! None of us are party to what was said between SA and Aldo but it does seem like it was handled poorly! Personally I'd have given him what he wanted as long as it wasn't totally out of order. A 5 time player of the year, who is loved by all fans and invaluable is entitled to ask for a pay rise IMO! Unfortunately in the football world, if we don't give him it someone else will! A great servant Ewings has been, he's nowhere near good enough to be our number 1!

Anyway, great news today and hopefully more comes soon.

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Yeah but at end of day, Aldo is entitled to get the best deal for him! He clearly liked being here and wanted to stay! We couldn't offer him what he wanted so he's gone! None of us are party to what was said between SA and Aldo but it does seem like it was handled poorly! Personally I'd have given him what he wanted as long as it wasn't totally out of order. A 5 time player of the year, who is loved by all fans and invaluable is entitled to ask for a pay rise IMO! Unfortunately in the football world, if we don't give him it someone else will! A great servant Ewings has been, he's nowhere near good enough to be our number 1!

Has he gone for definite? 

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

There's a couple of sentences in there that you never finished with a ! dude.

Sorry, dude!

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

FWIW I have to agree regarding Martin.

Quite disappointing he's been so public about his contract disputes. It's made us look a bit amateur.

A couple of months back he was all for staying, loving it @ Sons blah blah, part-time really suits me, wins numerous awards from fans then pimps himself out to the borders' punters (or anyone else for that matter).

Disappointing indeed.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

After yesterday's excitement I'm craving more.

Can't exactly share your excitement BBPF...I'm certainly glad we've retained the management duo but the signings thus far, with one exception, don't have much by way of a WOW factor.  A bit negative I know, but if the second half of last season showed anything it is the need for genuine quality at this level; the trick now is how to acquire it.

I would hope that Stevie has some targets in mind ahead of his holiday, with ID and Stuart Millar able to beaver away in his absence.