Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, revendarkness said:

I love this club but it does give heartburn every summer I think we should appoint an independent manager person to handle contract and not our manager as we seem to always be left behind year in year out

Have you not just appointed a CEO?

27 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

we'll take our rightful place back in the championship. 

Didn't know Chick Young was a Rovers fan now.

22 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Our board are a joke and making us s laughing stock in Scottish football!

I agree that things could be better here but lets not go overboard, we are nowhere near the laughing stock of Scottish football for as long as the Old firm are alive.

Let's not start shooting the human shields in all of this folks.  If there exists a cancer at the heart of DFC, responsibility lies with the club's owners and those who designed the shareholding scheme which led them here.  As long as Brabco remain in place this club will lurch from crisis to crisis, irrespective of who is in the Boardroom or dressing room at any given time.

31 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Let's not start shooting the human shields in all of this folks.  If there exists a cancer at the heart of DFC, responsibility lies with the club's owners and those who designed the shareholding scheme which led them here.  As long as Brabco remain in place this club will lurch from crisis to crisis, irrespective of who is in the Boardroom or dressing room at any given time.

Absolutely. The guys who are doing the actual running of the club on a day to day basis have an almost impossible task given that there is no leadership or input from our owners. It really does make you wonder how we have achieved what we have over the last five years.

31 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Agree wholeheartedly.Our owners put ZERO money in to the club.We all know their raison d'etre.I fear for the long term of the club more than its league position.Unfortuneately there are very few White Knights to come to the rescue

The one positive, not that it's really a positive, of this sorry situation is that it should show Brabco up for what they are. Neglecting the club in pursuit of their outlandish, fantasy land stadium. Hopefully all the fans can see that now, and not just the ones who post on here.

We're in a shambolic state, and it's them who are to blame.

Yes it is the owners fault. And yes we are all being a bit negative but I think we have just reason to be so. No manager, no players, pre season starts in less than a month! Yep, that's gonna go well!
SA isn't helping tbh. Ok it might not be his problem with regards to budgets etc as that will all be decided above his head. However he's leaving us in a position where we are being left behind! If you want a bigger gig then on your way, thanks for the past 2 years and all that. If it doesn't work out then hard cheese! You had your chance to sign on with us! The board should get some balls and tell him to stop f***ing us about! Why should we be the ones suffering? Get someone in that actually wants to be here and start building a team! We all know how this seasons gonna start, and if SA is in the hot seat there's gonna be some major criticism coming his way!

The funny thing is that Brabco have the chance to show fans that they mean well and care for the club by putting up some cash to fix the problems we have and that would probably go a long way to getting fans onside with their plan. The fact they are all quiet shows that they either (a) don't care about the club (b) don't have any money or (c) all of the above.

I'll have my mortgage on (c) please, Mr Bookie.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aldo seems fairly reasonable in that article and I think Stevie comes across terribly. We have our player of the year telling the press that nobody has a fucking clue what's happening and a soon to be out of contract gaffer pretending everything's fine. I'm not for over-reacting this early but Stevie needs to sort his future before Friday and put away all this doubt. 

Having said that, if Aldo signs for Quren of the South I'm driving to Dumfries and not leaving until I have Gary Naysmiths head on a burning stake, the c**t.

Given the shambles that appears to be going on with the Youth Development

teams - I understand Under-15 players had to move up to Under-17 level on

Sunday because boys had been told the system was being scrapped ( who can

blame them? ) the Head of Youth is leaving, and Willie Torrance Under-17 

coach will be at Motherwell next season, the possible loss of Alan Martin is

another major setback. 

9 minutes ago, coach said:

Given the shambles that appears to be going on with the Youth Development

teams - I understand Under-15 players had to move up to Under-17 level on

Sunday because boys had been told the system was being scrapped ( who can

blame them? ) the Head of Youth is leaving, and Willie Torrance Under-17 

coach will be at Motherwell next season, the possible loss of Alan Martin is

another major setback. 

Do you have any idea if the young guys on the fringes of things are being kept on? Stevie obviously rates Prior, and I liked the look of Lyden in his few minutes on the park against Raith. With the budget situation I'd happily see those two given more of a chance.

27 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Yes it is the owners fault. And yes we are all being a bit negative but I think we have just reason to be so. No manager, no players, pre season starts in less than a month! Yep, that's gonna go well!
SA isn't helping tbh. Ok it might not be his problem with regards to budgets etc as that will all be decided above his head. However he's leaving us in a position where we are being left behind! If you want a bigger gig then on your way, thanks for the past 2 years and all that. If it doesn't work out then hard cheese! You had your chance to sign on with us! The board should get some balls and tell him to stop f***ing us about! Why should we be the ones suffering? Get someone in that actually wants to be here and start building a team! We all know how this seasons gonna start, and if SA is in the hot seat there's gonna be some major criticism coming his way!

Calm yourself down, you seem positively hysterical.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Do you have any idea if the young guys on the fringes of things are being kept on? Stevie obviously rates Prior, and I liked the look of Lyden in his few minutes on the park against Raith. With the budget situation I'd happily see those two given more of a chance.

A lot has been made -in certain quarters - that three of the Under-17s - were involved

with the first team. As an observer, I looked upon that being only to fill a jersey or three

on the bench when the first team had injuries. The fact Sons didnt have an Under-20

team - despite that age group being talked up by Tony McNally ( without success)

is proof for me that Stevie Aitken wouldnt take many risks relying on the likes of Prior

or Lyden. I would speculate that running youth teams at Dumbarton in 2016-2017

would cost in excess of £17,000 - wages, coaches expenses, training facilities etc - 

for what end product?