Sons' sorrow

I'm getting impatient now with the lack of anything happening with the club. I know it's early days but no positive news has came through since the season ended.

I mentioned the other day folk need to calm down. I'm not calm any more. Need a positive news story to lift my close season blues. This is torture.

9 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

I'm getting impatient now with the lack of anything happening with the club. I know it's early days but no positive news has came through since the season ended.

I mentioned the other day folk need to calm down. I'm not calm any more. Need a positive news story to lift my close season blues. This is torture.

This morning's Reporter seems to confirm the story about a reduced budget. A difference of opinion between Aldo and Stevie too. 

9 hours ago, Wardy said:

Oh it's a tough one! 

I'm the master of the deal 

Oh no, wait, that's someone else.

Just now, Howlin' Wilf said:

This morning's Reporter seems to confirm the story about a reduced budget. A difference of opinion between Aldo and Stevie too. 

I had heard that Aldo was offered and had agreed to a better deal elsewhere, but didn't want to put anything on here in the hope that it wasn't true.

:( Never rains but it pours

It's pretty grim reading tbh. However, let's remember last year was exactly the same. And we ended up having a decent season....ok only after the January window but still!

Ok I'm trying to be positive but it's hard! I can't believe any of the players are going to sign not knowing who their playing under. This leaves them open to offers elsewhere which I'm sure they will have received and wouldn't be surprised if those clubs put a deadline on decisions. Aldo was always going to be in demand, he is class. If we lose him, Buchy, carswell we could be in all sorts of trouble! I'm confident that if Aitken had just signed up for next year we would have some players in by now! It is the 2nd year in a row he's left us hanging while he sees if a 'bigger' club comes calling! Maybe we should just move on and get Darren young or someone else in, if we're not good enough or big enough for him, why wait?

It's pretty grim reading tbh. However, let's remember last year was exactly the same. And we ended up having a decent season....ok only after the January window but still!

At this stage last season we had a manager, staff and were being linked with players. We also had offers on the table and the players were starting to sign on.

Absolutely nothing will get done and players wont even consider us until the manager situation is sorted.

FWIW I'm not panicking in the slightest but it's hardly doing anything to inspire confidence. And I get the feeling we'll be Aitken's fall back plan if nothing else materialises. Why else would he f**k about and ultimately leave himself less to time to sort stuff? That's a scenario I'm not massively intae.

I heard that Aldo was off to Queen of the South last week, and I've just read the Reporter article and, I'm afraid, it confirms what I feared. Budget "slashed", players unwilling to commit until Aitken does and Aldo not being offered the terms Mark Brown was on. Surely, surely, surely we can stretch to that for a player as vital as him. 

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/15302954.Goalkeeper_Alan_Martin_and_manager_Stevie_Aitken_at_odds_over_shot_stopper_s_future/

Pretty depressing stuff :(

I heard that Aldo was off to Queen of the South last week, and I've just read the Reporter article and, I'm afraid, it confirms what I feared. Budget "slashed", players unwilling to commit until Aitken does and Aldo not being offered the terms Mark Brown was on. Surely, surely, surely we can stretch to that for a player as vital as him. 
http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/15302954.Goalkeeper_Alan_Martin_and_manager_Stevie_Aitken_at_odds_over_shot_stopper_s_future/
Pretty depressing stuff [emoji20]

That's an absolute disaster all round. No idea why Aldo is using Mark Brown as a guideline but we can't realistically expect our best players to stay on reduced money.

Any patience I had for this summer has gone. Seeing almost every other club in Scotland sign players whilst we do nothing is extremely depressing and irritating.

Pretty depressing stuff [emoji20]

What an absolute minter [emoji38]

Our out of contract manager arguing with our out of contract goalkeeper in the Reporter. Our out of contract goalkeeper admitting that him and all the other players have zero clue what's going on.

Fuckin Sunday league stuff from us.

Aldo seems fairly reasonable in that article and I think Stevie comes across terribly. We have our player of the year telling the press that nobody has a fucking clue what's happening and a soon to be out of contract gaffer pretending everything's fine. I'm not for over-reacting this early but Stevie needs to sort his future before Friday and put away all this doubt. 

Having said that, if Aldo signs for Quren of the South I'm driving to Dumfries and not leaving until I have Gary Naysmiths head on a burning stake, the c**t.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aldo seems fairly reasonable in that article and I think Stevie comes across terribly. We have our player of the year telling the press that nobody has a fucking clue what's happening and a soon to be out of contract gaffer pretending everything's fine. I'm not for over-reacting this early but Stevie needs to sort his future before Friday and put away all this doubt. 

Having said that, if Aldo signs for Quren of the South I'm driving to Dumfries and not leaving until I have Gary Naysmiths head on a burning stake, the c**t.

Aldo. Stirling. Dobbie.

I'm driving to Dumfries and not leaving until I have a season ticket, new home top and scarf. Mon the Doomhamers, and their mad dog mascot carrying a toy dog and catchy pre-match song.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aldo. Stirling. Dobbie.

I'm driving to Dumfries and not leaving until I have a season ticket, new home tip and scarf. Mon the Doomhamers, and their mad dog mascot carrying a toy dog and catchy pre-match song.

Joe Thomson too.

You can't really blame the players I blame the board and manager as should have sort stuff before holidays it's a piece of piss that we're in the last week of his contract and he's still not signed if I was the club I'd say look pal if you don't sign by this date cheery bye as players have a deadline so why not manager I'd off Durrant the job then

No wonder players like Aldo are looking elsewhere! The guy was outstanding for us! He wants a bit more money, we should be doing what we can to keep him. 2 year deal? Even better, a solid base to build on for next 2 seasons!
Our board are a joke and making us s laughing stock in Scottish football! Teams like QOS, Morton, Dunfermline and Livingston etc are going to be watching this and circling like vultures around our players! Sort it out DFC