Sons' sorrow

Yes. Ross County have reduced Season Ticket prices.

I saw that. Then again, they are lucky to have an owner who is a passionate fan with a personal fortune of several hundred million pounds and not a handful of grubby Belizean dollars.

I saw that. Then again, they are lucky to have an owner who is a passionate fan with a personal fortune of several hundred million pounds and not a handful of grubby Belizean dollars.

Yip sums it up that does. It would be really great to have a sugar daddy but we don't and there is a price to pay for over achieving every year.

I do think season ticket prices could have been subject to some consultation but would that have made any difference? Who knows?

I would however rather pay more for my season ticket than pay less and be in league 1.

This season will potentially be the most challenging yet despite a poorer looking all round opposition due to funding issues. That's when your sugar daddy could come in handy. Or maybe the good folks of Dunbartonshire could see our plight and come out in numbers, probably better chance of pigs flying.

The reality is we're from a small town and are punching above our weight. I just hope it continues and we somehow manage to keep this run going for the foreseeable.

Apparently the GK coach will be away in next few days following Tony Mcinally out the door. So potentially next week we could have 0 players, 0 manager, 0 assistant, 0 coaches, 0 youth set up! We don't do things the easy way do we?

Apparently the GK coach will be away in next few days following Tony Mcinally out the door. So potentially next week we could have 0 players, 0 manager, 0 assistant, 0 coaches, 0 youth set up! We don't do things the easy way do we?

Who was our GK coach this season, I saw the guy who replaced Gallacher but I don't think his name was ever on the website.

Concerning times.

I suppose we could've offered Jazza a deal to be backup/GK coach?

He seems to be putting more focus on the coaching side of things these days.

Has anyone actually come out and said the budget has been slashed for next seson or are we just surmising?The way i see it nothing much can happen until the managers position is sorted.Obviously he is weighing up potential offers before making a decision.And the players are too no doubt.So until a manager is in place as of 28th May i dont expect much will happen.PITK.

Tom Lang has signed for Stranraer.

Not surprising given the Faz connection. As I've mentioned I'm disappointed we didn't offer him terms, I think he could've been a solid backup.

But at this stage of his career, playing regularly is what will aid him, and I think if he does, he could be a really good addition to their team.

Tom Lang has signed for Stranraer.

More importantly It's another club doing business and planning for next season. While we swan around waiting. I think we all know and understand that the players are waiting for the managers decision. It stinks of the rushed and messy start to last season where we had tons of trialists, we signed players that weren't good enough, then released them and struggled to put a team on the park for the league cup/challenge cup games at the start of the season! We've done a great job the last few years but we're in real danger of being left behind!

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

It's easy to say it, but I genuinely think there's no need to panic yet.

We're still in May and the season is effectively just finished.

If we're still in this position in three weeks then fair enough, but at the moment it is just a waiting game.

Three weeks will be about the week before pre-season starts - if we have nobody signed up by then, then I think I'll be in a bit more than just a panic :lol:

I understand the Raith fan that quoted Stevie being in the shortlist of 3 is indeed bang on and we will just need to wait until an appointment is made by Raith which I hope will be early this week.

Clearly we can then move forward whether it be arranging a new manager or with Stevie. Not ideal but as I said before it's the price you pay for success.

1 hour ago, sons'r'us said:

I understand the Raith fan that quoted Stevie being in the shortlist of 3 is indeed bang on and we will just need to wait until an appointment is made by Raith which I hope will be early this week.

Clearly we can then move forward whether it be arranging a new manager or with Stevie. Not ideal but as I said before it's the price you pay for success.

Well that's a pity. I hope the board started sounding out potential successors as soon as Stevie let them know he was that close to it. Would be a total disaster if he went and then we had to go through the full managerial recruitment process.

Patience is rubbish.

Three weeks will be about the week before pre-season starts - if we have nobody signed up by then, then I think I'll be in a bit more than just a panic :lol:

This is true. Although if I'm honest, my panic would be due to the proximity to the start of the season proper, as opposed to diddy cup ties which mean nothing.

I'm confident we'll have at least made headway by then though, but I don't think there's a major issue in not having anyone signed up yet. We're in a relatively rare scenario this close season in that we don't have a manager signed up. I'd hope that'll conclude in the next week or so and then we'd see some squad movement.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Well that's a pity. I hope the board started sounding out potential successors as soon as Stevie let them know he was that close to it. Would be a total disaster if he went and then we had to go through the full managerial recruitment process.

Patience is rubbish.

I fully expect the board to have a list of names ready to start exploring should Stevie tell us he's off. I'm not sure we can actively start speaking to managers now whilst we still have a deal on the table for him.

19 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Who was our GK coach this season, I saw the guy who replaced Gallacher but I don't think his name was ever on the website.

Concerning times.

Allan Hamilton was the goalie coach who came in early New Year after

Tony had spoken to a couple of potential coaches, who waited around

10 weeks to be brought into the youth set-up. Eventually, they gave up.

Within a couple of days the goalie coach position was filled. Mr Hamilton

was previously at Clydebank Juniors as part of their backroom staff under

Budgie McGhie, who has just been confirmed as the new Kilbirnie Ladeside

manager. Odds on them linking up again?

The youth set-up coaches names were updated some time ago on their

section of the Dumbarton website. The old photograph remained.

Hearing Willie Torrance, who was Under-17 coach, is going to Motherwell

F.C. 

Dylan Mackin (Alloa's #11 from Saturday) and Craig Moore both let go by Motherwell. Would happily see us bring either of them in. Aside from his injury issues, Moore is a fantastic goalscorer. If Stevie (or whoever) could get him fit and confident then that would be a tremendous bit of business.