Sons' sorrow

Dont disagree with any of this from Stevie.

Seemed obvious Gary wasn't to the front of his mind when we signed young Nuttal.

Wish Gary and Sparky all the best; they've given us some great moments.

Whatever the news I hope, as I'm sure we all do, that it's sorted soon! We can't be arseing around mid June without a manager and our best players in danger of being snapped up by other clubs because of our uncertainty!
Could it be a worry that if Stevie goes to another club, he potentially takes Martin, Barr, Buchy with him?

25 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Would hope that if we are letting Stevie and co release players then they have signed on the dotted line. Crazy if not.

Docherty is the only real surprise but as others have said the writing was on the wall after the header.

On a side note it seems if you become a "fans favorite" then you'll be gone the next season.

fleming, Prunty, Walker I'm sure there are more but can't think haha

Craigy Brittain - Jim Chapman hated the special regard in which he was held by the fans.

On the subject of tonight's news, I'm a bit puzzled by some of those not mentioned.  Callum G never established a starting place, Grant G has a very long term injury, whilst Nade looks to be well short of Championship-level fitness.

I'm disappointed to see Gaz and Sparky leaving, but based on this season, it's an understandable if difficult decision to take.

They've both been solid servants to the club in different ways and I like others, wish them all the best.

I'm hopeful that Aitken commits himself to us now and starts the rebuilding process we always find ourselves in every summer.

Does that mean we've offered the rest of the guys a deal, SeaGal, Grant Gal, Kassarate et al?

Either way I wish I could fast forward to July and see what our starting lineup looks like!

I'd be surprised and a bit concerned if it does mean we've offered the above deals as well. On differing levels they've either not been hugely impacting or involved in our season, so I see little reason for keeping them on.

Grant Gallagher is maybe a bit different though, (settle So08[emoji6]) he was/is clearly a favourite and who knows how involved he'd have been had he been fit.

Of the others you've mentioned though, surely if they've not done enough to get starts or make impacts when we've had as small a squad as we've had, they're not likely to next year?

Even July is early to see how starting line-ups look. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure I will be) but not so long ago was the fabled Darren Miller not still kicking about having disagreements with Partick Thistle left-backs during friendly matches?!

3 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Dont disagree with any of this from Stevie.

Seemed obvious Gary wasn't to the front of his mind when we signed young Nuttal.

Wish Gary and Sparky all the best; they've given us some great moments.

Slightly picky, but Nuttal was brought in on an emergency deal because Garry was suspended and Nade was unavailable so we had Thommo (who had been playing on the wing for months prior) as our only striking option.

Like everyone else, expected but still gutting the moment I actually clicked the link and seen the names on the list. Inside I kinda hoped Stevie would give Garry pretty season to sort himself out physically and mentally. But the gaffer is entitled to make decisions like that, as long as he is going to commit to us.

9 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Craigy Brittain - Jim Chapman hated the special regard in which he was held by the fans.

On the subject of tonight's news, I'm a bit puzzled by some of those not mentioned.  Callum G never established a starting place, Grant G has a very long term injury, whilst Nade looks to be well short of Championship-level fitness.

I suspect the likes Grant and Calum will be starters this year. 

Sad to see Garry go, but probably inevitable given his lack of game time this season

Given St Mirren offered him a contract previously, I would assume he was one of our top earners

He has totally been a Dumbarton legend these last few years

Slightly more surprised to see Docherty leaving

It looks to me though that Aitken is staying...i can't imagine the board would sanction new contract offers if they thought a new manager was coming in

Sad to see Garry go, but probably inevitable given his lack of game time this season

Given St Mirren offered him a contract previously, I would assume he was one of our top earners

He has totally been a Dumbarton legend these last few years

Slightly more surprised to see Docherty leaving

It looks to me though that Aitken is staying...i can't imagine the board would sanction new contract offers if they thought a new manager was coming in

Surely the board would offer some players contracts regardless of the manager? We wouldn't want to find out Stevie has turned down our offer, get a new manager in and find that all the players have signed elsewhere, meaning the new gaffer needs to find 18 new bodies! There's only one way that would go and it wouldn't be up! I understand that ultimately it's the managers decision but with uncertainty surrounding Stevie's position I would hope the board have taken steps to hold onto our better players!

Meanwhile on Facebook

What's Aitken up to is he determined to ruin Dumbarton Football Club I still believe he is more interested in his OLD club than Dumbarton. That's more of the loyal players he's got rid of.
WHEN IS HE Going to get his P45 ???

:lol:

28 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Fitba folk just love a cliché or ten......but no use jumping about like a Waitrose jalapeno So8, PITK.