Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The original Paddy F seems genuinely delighted to be taking part, going by his Facebook post.

I must say, I got a lump in my throat when I read "great to be back home for a day" :wub:. He's a hero and I'm sure he and Stuart MacIver will make the day memorable (and hilarious) for all involved.

Btw, I haven't received any bids from a Mr Ranter yet...:P

Edited by The Moonster

Just now, The Moonster said:

I must say, I got a lump in my throat when I read "great to be back home for a day" :wub:. He's a hero and I'm sure he and Stuart MacIver will make the day memorable (and hilarious) for all involved.

Btw, I haven't received any bids from Mr Ranter yet...:P

I'm waiting for the "Be the kitman for the day" offer.

:lol:
I would like to confirm that I have received no brown envelopes (or sexual favours), the gaffers have only been confirmed in the last couple of days in any case.
There will also be an announcement this weekend about an evening fundraising event for the same day (8th July). If you like your comedy and you like your curry then it'll be an ideal night for you!

An Italian themed quiz night, can't wait

So, the day after Stevie was to sit with the board and discuss his contract, also the day he was to sit with the players about next season, and still no news.

Are we to think he's not signed up again?

So, the day after Stevie was to sit with the board and discuss his contract, also the day he was to sit with the players about next season, and still no news.

Are we to think he's not signed up again?

He's still contracted until 27th May. I understand player contract news may be forthcoming sometime soon.[emoji6]

Docherty and Fleming are the two names that stick out for me. I expected both to go but's it's still sad to see.

Fleming has been an absolute hero and scored some massive goals for us. His contribution has been huge to our Championship success.

Best of luck to the both of them, 2 of the most passionate guys to turn out for us in recent years.

Gaz :(

Probably expected but it's still not nice to see him go, he done so much for us during his time and I genuinely wish him all the best.

Can't help but think if Sparky hadn't nutted Carswell he'd be kept on, more man of the match awards than any other player before that point and still no one else could match him after it. Man of the match awards are obviously based on opinion but I didn't hear too many complaints. Wish him all the best, seems a great guy.

We can assume that the rest have been offered deals then. I'm okay with that, but we have a lot of work to do. That begins with Stevie signing a deal.

Edited by The Moonster

Does that mean we've offered the rest of the guys a deal, SeaGal, Grant Gal, Kassarate et al?

As others have said, the Fleming one was probably expected, but it still hurts. He was poor this season, but he loves the club and has been our biggest player over the past 5 seasons. 

Stevie's either got a few things up his sleeve, or he's got a big rebuilding job ahead. Either way I wish I could fast forward to July and see what our starting lineup looks like!

A bit gutted at Gaz and Sparky being released. Tend to agree that Sparky would still be here if it wasn't for the headbutt but I suppose that's life. Gaz didn't have the best season but that can happen to anyone and I'd have thought his previous four years might have got him another chance. But there's no sentiment in football so I'll give Stevie the praise for making what was probably a very difficult decision. McCallum and Lang isn't a surprise and I'm actually glad McCallum is away for his own sake.

i assume if Stevie's letting players go then he'll be signing a contract imminently.

I like Gaz. He could be frustrating at times when he wasn't in the mood and disappeared. At times I thought he got a bit of a raw deal from the gaffer. He was capable of causing opponents real problems with his runs from midfield.

Sparky was never likely to get over that incident at East End Park.

Lang could well be a solid player but I wouldn't have him ahead of Barr or Bucky at this stage. He needs games and being a first team regular somewhere will be better for his development.

9 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

Murray had released players and also offered others contracts before leaving. Just saying.

He still had a year to run. Stevie doesn't as far as we know.

Edited by microdave

Would hope that if we are letting Stevie and co release players then they have signed on the dotted line. Crazy if not.

Docherty is the only real surprise but as others have said the writing was on the wall after the header.

On a side note it seems if you become a "fans favorite" then you'll be gone the next season.

fleming, Prunty, Walker I'm sure there are more but can't think haha