Sons' sorrow

This sort of move is exactly where I see Stevie moving. It lets him move to a club with higher expectations in terms of league positions and attacking intent and show he can set a team up in that way.

15 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Listening to McCall on Sportsound tonight, he seems fairly sure that he's staying with Ayr. Raith Rovers would seem much more likely. If Archibald leaves Partick, then there could be a bit of a merry-go-round started as well.

You got a link to this mate? 

You can rule out Ayr.

Dundee look to be offering McCann the job.

I'm guessing Raith wont know what's happening until after the playoffs.

Other than potentially Raith, who may well be playing in League 1 next season, and may well retain Hughes, I can't see any potential jobs that would be available to him.

I may be wrong, but I would be very surprised if he went to Ayr United. Would be a step back as far as I see it. I also wouldn't imagine he will be agreeing terms to go to Raith until they know what league they will be playing in next year. Of course, they could just have offered terms and said, "Stevie we offer you £xxxx and the offer is exactly the same regardless of what league we are in next year." In which case he may fancy bringing them up if they go down or keeping them up next year ( either of which you would expect are realistic).

6 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Would love to see Alan Martin, Gregor Buchanan and Stuart Carswell at Airdrie next season.

It continues to impress me the calibre of player Dumbarton are able to attract (and retain). A really likeable club all round.

Think this is down to mainly a couple of things. The fact we have been the highest finishing part time side for a few years now, really does help. If players are happy playing part time but want to play at the highest level possible, then we look the best option.

Also, being at this level a few years have increased our budget from when we were in the 2 leagues below us for a number of years. So let's be honest, money talks. The final thing I think that attracts players to us is that we have been a decent stepping stone for a number of player who are on their way (or looking to progress to) full time football.

Even this year already we have seen Andy Stirling and Robert Thomson move on to FT sides so if players are looking to go that way, we are a very decent option to prove themselves at a decent level and with a shop window of FT sides in opposition all season too.

Final point, hand off Martin, Buchanan and Carswell please. And everyone else for that matter ;)

10 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Would love to see Alan Martin, Gregor Buchanan and Stuart Carswell at Airdrie next season.

It continues to impress me the calibre of player Dumbarton are able to attract (and retain). A really likeable club all round.

We'll give you Bucky and Carswell in exchange for Andy Ryan and Beany. Alan Martin stays where he is though.

:lol:

I would like to confirm that I have received no brown envelopes (or sexual favours), the gaffers have only been confirmed in the last couple of days in any case.

There will also be an announcement this weekend about an evening fundraising event for the same day (8th July). If you like your comedy and you like your curry then it'll be an ideal night for you!