Sons' sorrow

Wow what a tense day. Normally it is over by 5 pm but this went on till 7.20 today.

Magnificent achievement once again and so pleasing to prove (virtually) everyone wrong again. Very well done to the players, Stevie, Ian and the rest.

Now if nobody minds I might just get the first good night's sleep for a couple of months.

Edited by Sons FC

Dumbarton were in real trouble. Tough away games against Queens and United before playing promotion-chasing Falkirk on the final day. The Sons couldn't be arsed keeping it exciting that long though, so just went and took four points from their travels so they could enjoy the final home game in peace.

Six seasons in a row. Sensational.

Thanks guys, you comments are very much appreciated.

I saw my first Sons game in April 1960 and I honestly never thought I'd seen the best of it in the 1970's.  However, the last five seasons have been as enjoyable as they have been surprising; we have become something of a Wimbledon/Wigan outfit, and whilst we know we will wake up with a jolt someday, let's hope it's not any time soon.

Huge, huge credit to everyone involved and especially Ian Murray and Stevie Aitken.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

Around about this time last season Donald McCallum scored our first away goal 2016 and our first since livi in December.

our 2 today make us top away scorers and probably only st mirren can beat us if they score 3 at Easter road.

ive been to 15 of said games and what a difference.

our bus conveyor said today United need to score 2 to beat us as we will score such is our confidence.well they did and they didnt

on behalf of my fellow travellers.thank you sons ,stevie and all at club

been a pleasure to watch this season

Great result, it's been a long tough season.

would love to see us starting to make plans for next season sooner rather than later.

oh and could the dream be that Raith get relegated and need to make cut backs. So Vaughan walks in a rips up his contract saying you didn't love me so I'm off to my true home The Sons 

Brilliant performance yesterday and over the last few months. I'll admit after Bonnyrigg I could only see Stevie A getting us relegated. But that game seemed to be a turning point. We became much more attacking (particularly away from home).
Great achievement again. Looking forward to next weekend to celebrate making it official.

Really happy for all the team at DFC. The players have been brilliant this year to get us to this position. Not only on the park but off it. They give up their time to chat to my boy and his wee pal who are 6 years old. These guys will be fans for life because they the players make a difference. My wee boy just loves Alan Martin and yesterday I had the worst view of the game because he wanted to sit as close to him as possible, but Alan is genuinely interested in Lewis asking him questions etc not just a wee high 5 coming out the tunnel as is all the players. Little things like Colm giving the boys mini eggs at Easter for example show that their is people in the club who want to make it a great experience for the fans, so to sum it up I'm glad I support our wee club. Mon the Sons.