Sons' sorrow

21 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Apparently Robert Thomson is suspended next week as well.

He isn't on the suspension list published on Friday for the next fortnight and he wasn't sent off yesterday so he's not suspended unless it's for some off field activity of some sort (a la Frazer Wright picking up a suspension whilst acting as coach of the youth team last season).

He isn't on the suspension list published on Friday for the next fortnight and he wasn't sent off yesterday so he's not suspended unless it's for some off field activity of some sort (a la Frazer Wright picking up a suspension whilst acting as coach of the youth team last season).

Might just be sh*te but a few people were saying it was something to do with his yellow against Hibs.

12 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Might just be sh*te but a few people were saying it was something to do with his yellow against Hibs.

If his yellow against Hibs put him through the threshhold then he should have been on the list published on Friday. He wasn't. That said, it's had errors and omssions occasionally in the past so it's no guarantee. The club should know.

Got to agree here. We've dropped too many points from good positions and not beaten the teams around us enough. Wins against Dundee Utd and Falkirk etc are great but the 2-2's against St Mirren and Ayr hurt a lot. Really nervy end to the season. Got to win next week

Interesting you mention the 2-2 game against us, that was definitely a case of 1 point gained for Sons and 2 points dropped for us. At the time Aitken seemed pretty content with the point, i felt that day Dumbarton might have regretted not giving it more of a go.

I'd say we are going to be harder to beat now than we were then. Couple of huge weeks coming up for everyone involved.

We need to beat Ayr and yourselves in the next 2 games or i can't see us getting out the bottom 2.

We're already talking. But if DFC held an AGM it would offer all shareholders (not just the trust) further reassurance and an opportunity to put questions to the owners, and also improve the club's standing with supporters and the community. We see this as a benefit all round. 

Lennox AGM.jpg

It's gone pretty quiet in here, I'm wondering if that is indicative of a dawning realisation :unsure:

Anyway, I'll be delighted if we avoid the drop but I won't be devastated should it happen; I do feel however that the next two fixtures will go some way to settling things and in that regard we are not well-placed personnel wise.  I saw enough of young McRorie at Easter Road to suggest that his ability to get about the park may become vital to our efforts, so assuming Barr is fit and Harvie slots back in, I would place Carswell in front of the usual back four with a midfield line of SeaGal, McRorie, Stanton and Stirling behind Thomson for the Morton game, with Sparky on the bench.

We've given ourselves it all to do, no doubt about that. We have a habit of pulling results out the hat though and we need to approach each game as a cup final. No team is unbeatable this year, winning our remaining home games will go a long way.

I would agree with your line up too, OKI.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's gone pretty quiet in here, I'm wondering if that is indicative of a dawning realisation :unsure:

Anyway, I'll be delighted if we avoid the drop but I won't be devastated should it happen; I do feel however that the next two fixtures will go some way to settling things and in that regard we are not well-placed personnel wise.  I saw enough of young McRorie at Easter Road to suggest that his ability to get about the park may become vital to our efforts, so assuming Barr is fit and Harvie slots back in, I would place Carswell in front of the usual back four with a midfield line of SeaGal, McRorie, Stanton and Stirling behind Thomson for the Morton game, with Sparky on the bench.

I mentioned it earlier but will Thomson be in the best frame of mind for this game.He'd surely rather Morton took three points to try and get second spot with a view to the play offs - wouldn't he?

30 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I mentioned it earlier but will Thomson be in the best frame of mind for this game.He'd surely rather Morton took three points to try and get second spot with a view to the play offs - wouldn't he?

Wouldn't he rather go out and put on a show in front of his next employers? Morton fans are fairly unforgiving in their assessment of players, I don't see why he'd purposely make himself look shite.

He won't be involved in any play-offs with Morton and since he signed that deal he's probably been our most important player. I have no qualms about starting him on Saturday (and by the looks of it we don't have any alternative in any case).

Why would he not be in the best frame of mind for this game? He makes himself look incredibly shite for Duffy etc, then they can easily cancel the PCA. It means absolutely nothing until it's official anyway. Calum Elliot signed a PCA with Livingston a couple of year back but ended up signing with us after snubbing them when it came round to signing the actual contract.

Likewise, he wants a move to a full time club presumably..? If Morton finished 2nd and end up going up due to playing two less games, then again Duffy will probably cancel his PCA, as he isn't ready( will he ever be?) for the premiership.

Surely it's in his best interest to play out of his skin at the weekend?

Would it be possible in this instance to appeal Flemings red from Saturday therefore making him available for the Morton game?

Spend and waste money appealing a definite red card which won't be overturned for an overweight player who is pretty much useless in his current shape.

4 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

One thing that I don't think can ever be levelled at Thommo (regardless of differing opinions on his ability) is that he  never gives less than everything in every match. In fact since the PCA was announced, if anything, his form has improved significantly. I don't think he'll treat this match any differently just because it's Morton on Saturday.