Sons' sorrow

Whilst I think it's maybe a bit premature to be talking about the new contract, I understand why the board want to keep him. Look around at the other options, he's won me over since Bonnyrigg and - even if we go down this season - I'll be absolutely fine with us keeping him on, so long as the standard of performances remains as good as it has been over the past few weeks.

In other news, remember this?

10 hours ago, Montrose FC said:

5699e2efbb685728ac937cd060fb351d.jpg

Oh Dylan.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Maybe the club have already done their homework, found that there really isn't much to chose from and are now desperate to hold on to Stevie, thus offering him a good deal to stay?

There are still fans who would rather Stevie was gone, which is fair enough if that's their opinion but he's on target to achieve our league aim and I don't see much evidence to suggest someone else from the leagues below would do a better job.

Maybe they have looked. I just would be very surprised if we were "desperate"

As I said if they get together and agree a deal, wages structure etc then great. For once we can be ahead of the game and have players signed up for next season before the end of this season and we have had plenty of time to assess all the players we want.

What I don't want to see is the start of this season with the manager coming out every other week complaining about the wage structure, having an unbalanced squad and a making mistakes with signings. Granted the last one will always happen in footy but I think we have made to many recently.

In other news, remember this?
Oh Dylan.

7dfff6c01b0a506ef8893d907efccf0c.jpg

An absolute mouthpiece of a boy who will never learn his lesson. He once tweeted about his Elgin side being champions in fucking December or something. I remember numerous fellow pros slaughtering him.

Down to the Lowland League you go ya wee pellet.

Maybe they have looked. I just would be very surprised if we were "desperate"
As I said if they get together and agree a deal, wages structure etc then great. For once we can be ahead of the game and have players signed up for next season before the end of this season and we have had plenty of time to assess all the players we want.
What I don't want to see is the start of this season with the manager coming out every other week complaining about the wage structure, having an unbalanced squad and a making mistakes with signings. Granted the last one will always happen in footy but I think we have made to many recently.

I would be surprised if dfc weren't planning for the future in either division, the papers need to add in some verbs to make it sound more dramatic.

There is a further statement from Ian Wilson about stadium relocation plans, questions from the Dumbarton Reporter, and the challenge from Jackie Baillie MSP here: https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2930

My response on behalf of the Sonstrust, pressing further on all these issues, is here: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/trust-response-to-dfc-owners-update/

Simon

1 hour ago, TheFarPost said:

There is a further statement from Ian Wilson about stadium relocation plans, questions from the Dumbarton Reporter, and the challenge from Jackie Baillie MSP here: https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2930

My response on behalf of the Sonstrust, pressing further on all these issues, is here: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/trust-response-to-dfc-owners-update/

Simon

What does he mean "If sustainability is not clear, concise and convincing..."? He's been telling us all along that we'll be coining it in if we go down this route but now he's saying we might need to scale it back? It proves they haven't done the slightest bit of business planning here and everything that has been said about going full-time and having an extra £300K a year in the budget is all just hot air to try and get fans onside.

"Whatever is built at first...and have other features". Whatever? Other features? You're running the project, Ian, you're supposed to have planned what we're going to build and when. Stop treating us like idiots.

He also dances around who is involved in Brabco and then blatantly admits that there are others involved who don't want to be known. Why do these people not want to be known? This guy actually wants us to sign confidentiality agreements too, when he's hiding every single fucking card he holds. 

I can see these "more regular" statements being a cause of more regular brain haemorrhages for me.

Just now, Silverton End said:

"Whatever is built at first"....Hmm

Prediction - Another 1-stand 'stadium' on the edge of town.

Exactly how I read that.

It's good that the Trust have managed to get Wilson to finally (sort of) engage with the fans. However his statements on the website thus far have left us with even more questions than before - and, certainly on my behalf, even more doubts.

Genuine question here, if you are one of the secret Brabco directors - what would be the harm in saying who you are? Surely, if they are going to be our knights in wonderful stadium and full-time football armor, they would want to lap up all the praise from the fans? What harm could saying "I'm Mark Smith and I'm working with Iain and the rest of Brabco to provide, what I believe, is the best option for us as businessmen and as fans" do?

That makes me convinced that our concerns are well founded.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Genuine question here, if you are one of the secret Brabco directors - what would be the harm in saying who you are?

My guess? They'll have a similar business background to Andy Hosie and won't want us wee pesky fans or that pesky local paper exposing them.

Just now, The Moonster said:

My guess? They'll have a similar business background to Andy Hosie and won't want us wee pesky fans or that pesky local paper exposing them.

More than likely. If they aren't prepared to come clean about that, then how can they expect us to trust (clever pun, eh?) them?

Even if everything worked out great with this 'dream move' to the edge of nowhere, I know very few fans who want to watch DFC there. Utterly soulless, in a bog of a field near a bypass.

At least we're still in the heart of town where we are just now, there's shops, pubs, takeaways nearby.

Fear the very worst for The Sons if we end up at Dalmoak.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

More than likely. If they aren't prepared to come clean about that, then how can they expect us to trust (clever pun, eh?) them?

Any rational, logical human being wouldn't expect trust in return for what we're being given here. But as you can see from his statements, which are littered with contradictions and contain the vaguest nuggets of information known to man, he isn't a logical human being.

He's either an incredibly stupid person or he thinks he's dealing with incredibly stupid people. Given that Simon and others involved in the Trust have been running him ragged over these issues for months he should be aware that he's not dealing with stupid people. 

I'd love to see Doc heider him back to the Ricoh Arena.

I still can't get over the unbearable, unpalatable irony of his suggestions and plans, and him trying to force-feed us them, when it's exactly this sort of situation that's effectively got his 'beloved club' down south into the utter mess they find themselves in just now.

Any rational, logical human being wouldn't expect trust in return for what we're being given here. But as you can see from his statements, which are littered with contradictions and contain the vaguest nuggets of information known to man, he isn't a logical human being.
He's either an incredibly stupid person or he thinks he's dealing with incredibly stupid people. Given that Simon and others involved in the Trust have been running him ragged over these issues for months he should be aware that he's not dealing with stupid people. 

Every statement he makes gives me the impression he thinks he's dealing with stupid people. I also got that impression at the Rock the night he gave that minter presentation type guff.

Hugely insulting tbh.

I still can't get over the unbearable, unpalatable irony of his suggestions and plans, and him trying to force-feed us them, when it's exactly this sort of situation that's effectively got his 'beloved club' down south into the utter mess they find themselves in just now.

Yup.

It would suggest the stupid ones are the ones sporting suits, shite scarves and loose ties.