Sons' sorrow

I thought I saw Carswell at Central Station today, but he was quite a but smaller than me, so I don't think it was.

I'm a massive fan of him though. Desperately hope we keep him next season, but I can see him going full-time again quite easily. 

2 hours ago, TheFarPost said:

The success of our pressure to get Brabco to come onshore has been noted by the nationals - this from the Herald: http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15163429.Tax_haven_owners_of_Dumbarton_FC_vow_to_bring_shareholding_back_onshore/ 

Good article, I recall reading the Sunday Herald one about "offshore owners" some time last year too.

Hi guys.
Any of you know what you guys charge for hospitality and if it's any good?
Thanks lads.

Hospitality is 60 quid for non season ticket holders and I'd highly recommend it. The grub is top notch. Really good value for what you get.

It includes a 3 course meal with wine and a wee half time buffet.

Hi guys.
Thanks lads.

I think it's £60. I go regularly and it's very good. I pay £50 as I get a season ticket discount. Pretty sure normal price is £60.

12 of us booked up for Falkirk game on 6th May.

If you 're going maybe book soon as last game normally sells out.

On 8/14/2016 at 10:29, Sarto Mutiny said:

Having also been in hospitality (not in their party), it was a present and I think he didn't know about it until the day of the game. Had a great day, and the hospitality was excellent. The game was not.

I did not get on the pitch, although I am probably no worse a centre half than Durnan or Donaldson, even factoring in how drunk I was at 3pm.

^^^non DFC opinion

11 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Hi guys.

Thanks lads.

The land at the Rock is worth a fraction of what Brabco thought when they 'invested' their money. The viability of it, as a cleared site for housing, is substantially reduced because of land contamination. Therefore the plan for them to profit from their 'investment' fell and another plan is being put forward. This includes (inhales through gritted teeth) a £13.5 million stadium.

The stadium part of the plan, we are told, is supported by the proposed 'enabling' housing development. Allied are apparently prepared to sell the land at a substantially reduced rate presumably because without a stadium, it is unlikely that planning consent would be given for green belt land. Brabco presumably see the return on their investment being the price of the land they achieve for the housing, minus the cost of the stadium.

I've had a thought on this and whilst there may be many reasons that the following couldn't happen, there are also many reasons (discussed ad nauseum) why the current plan may not proceed.

Dumbarton FC need training facilities. Presumably the three secondary schools in Dumbarton and the Vale would benefit by the provision of additional 4g facilities?

Perhaps these facilities could be provided at Dalmoak and built for a price somewhat shy of £13.5 million? As a ball park figure, let's say that a couple of 4g pitches, lights, some changing rooms, parking and associated ancillary infrastructure would cost £4m. The ownership of this might be Brabco or they might have some partnership with the council.

The current stadium could therefore remain and be upgraded if Brabco were to commit to an upgrade of the current facility from the proceeds of the plan.

Due to the increased margin between cost and delivery, Allied might be offered more to swing their agreement to the new plan.

Then again, what do I know?

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

5 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Dumbarton FC need training facilities. Presumably the three secondary schools in Dumbarton and the Vale would benefit by the provision of additional 4g facilities?

Especially Dumbarton Academy, who are stymied by the arseholes who bought houses backing onto the school, then raised objections to the school facilities being used.  Backed by the arseholes in the cooncil who have agreed with them.

Aye West Dunbartonshire Council sure have messed up the provision for school football. Yes the Vale and Clydebank High have decent facilities but the biggest school in WDC St Peter the Apostle (and arguably the most successful) doesn't have a 3G pitch big enough for competitive football and their grass pitch has no floodlights! They have to share with Clydebank High. I see the council is wasting £300,000 on improving the changing facilities at the current OLSP site. The pitch there is awful and surely with the new pitch being built up in Bellsmyre - what's the point in the old OLSP pitch. Money is being wasted as it should have been used to rip up the St Peter the Apostle hockey pitch (which has never ever seen a game of hockey on it) and replace with 3G.

The land at the Rock is worth a fraction of what Brabco thought when they 'invested' their money. The viability of it, as a cleared site for housing, is substantially reduced because of land contamination. Therefore the plan for them to profit from their 'investment' fell and another plan is being put forward. This includes (inhales through gritted teeth) a £13.5 million stadium.
The stadium part of the plan, we are told, is supported by the proposed 'enabling' housing development. Allied are apparently prepared to sell the land at a substantially reduced rate presumably because without a stadium, it is unlikely that planning consent would be given for green belt land. Brabco presumably see the return on their investment being the price of the land they achieve for the housing, minus the cost of the stadium.
I've had a thought on this and whilst there may be many reasons that the following couldn't happen, there are also many reasons (discussed ad nauseum) why the current plan may not proceed.
Perhaps these facilities could be provided at Dalmoak and built for a price somewhat shy of £13.5 million? As a ball park figure, let's say that a couple of 4g pitches, lights, some changing rooms, parking and associated ancillary infrastructure would cost £4m. The ownership of this might be Brabco or they might have some partnership with the council.
The current stadium could therefore remain and be upgraded if Brabco were to commit to an upgrade of the current facility from the proceeds of the plan.
Due to the increased margin between cost and delivery, Allied might be offered more to swing their agreement to the new plan.
Then again, what do I know?

Or are there any potential football club investors out there who could buy Brabco out and we could be done with this nonsense.

28 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

Or are there any potential football club investors out there who could buy Brabco out and we could be done with this nonsense.

I don't think so. Rankine advertised the club for sale for 8 years (The Times, The Herald) and had no takers. This was in considerably better economic times than now.

I don't think so. Rankine advertised the club for sale for 8 years (The Times, The Herald) and had no takers. This was in considerably better economic times than now.

In 2003 Ronnie McDonald tried to aquire the club and Rankine wouldn't sell.

Has big Thomson improved recently?

I know when he signed with us, many of you weren't that fussed so curious to know if he is doing better seeing as he has scored a few goals.

Edited by madton

5 minutes ago, madton said:

Has big Thomson improved recently?

I know when he signed with us, many of you weren't that fussed so curious to know if he is doing better seeing as he has scored a few goals.

He's an enigma, inspiring regular face palms but occasionally delivering 24-carat nuggets of quality, eg his second goal of last Saturday and today's peach.  He's certainly been far more effective in the second half of the season, and full-time football could take that further.