Sons' sorrow

19 minutes ago, microdave said:

Only the top three have scored more goals than us and we have conceded the most goals in the division. It's like 2013/14 again but without the cup run!

I'll happily concede goals if we're banging them in at the other end. Well, not happily, but you know what I mean. We've had a marked improvement in performance and results since the cup game that shall not be mentioned. Almost certainly due to a shift to a more positive attacking system. What frustrated most during the early part of the season was that most of knew the players we had were better than the system Aitken was imposing on them. He deserved criticism for that, and credit for identifying and changing it.

On today, that's a tremendous result given last weeks performance, the utter shambles that was heidbuttgate and the 'six pointer' feel of the game given Raith's result midweek. I missed today but followed it on BT. not often you get four chances to cheer our name on the screen in a single afternoon.

Don't know if anyone has noticed but Dundee Uniteds next three games are against St Mirren Raith Rovers and Ayr United. Hopefully the men from Tannadice can do us a favour and beat those teams a feat which Hibs repeatedly fail to do.Surely Hibs will do the decent thing next week and crumble against us. Watch for Nade being penalised for being offside whilst clearing a cross on our goal line.

If you're the Sons fan that was rocking out very near me at the Stranglers gig n Glasgow last night, resplendent in your Sons Supporters Trust polo shirt, well done dude.

A thumping win v Raith in the afternoon, followed by a sold-out MiB gig was a cracking Saturday for me.

Always the Sons!

9 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Don't know if anyone has noticed but Dundee Uniteds next three games are against St Mirren Raith Rovers and Ayr United. Hopefully the men from Tannadice can do us a favour and beat those teams a feat which Hibs repeatedly fail to do.Surely Hibs will do the decent thing next week and crumble against us. Watch for Nade being penalised for being offside whilst clearing a cross on our goal line.

Ray McKinnon will no doubt deliberately lose all three because he's still seething about our long grass and wind.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Lord Provest Durrant. King of the Shire.

11df672333d5f54cbf906c4ef42df169.jpg

Been good to see both Stanton and Thomson run to him after scoring in the past couple of home games. I know it's still (relatively) early, but Stevie looks to have succeeded where Muzz failed in replacing his number 2. 

If you're the Sons fan that was rocking out very near me at the Stranglers gig n Glasgow last night, resplendent in your Sons Supporters Trust polo shirt, well done dude.
A thumping win v Raith in the afternoon, followed by a sold-out MiB gig was a cracking Saturday for me.
Always the Sons!

I couldn't get home to change so had to go in my top, thankfully a black one !
If Carlsberg made Saturdays this would be it.
Seeing a performance like that in the afternoon.
A few beers with the family.
Seeing a performance like that in the evening.
Meeting Boghead Ranter for the first time - sorry we didn't get to chat it was a bit noisy. My ears are still ringing.
Then meeting Optimistic for the first time,thanks for the lift pal.

They may be getting on a bit but you can't beat the old classics and good to go to a concert where you don't look old !

As we were singing/ shouting...........
There's Always the Sons!

I think there has been some Rangers u20 games on it. We also host a couple European u-17 games within the next two weeks. Not sure the SFA will be delighted about that given the current condition of the pitch. It's a bit of a catch 22 situation. It's good to get the stadium used for such events but not to the detriment of the pitch. It's not been a bad winter either. Perhaps part of the issue is the current groundsmen are new and it's the 1st time they've looked after a football pitch. Maybe a wee bit of a learning experience for them. Not sure. Maybe last year's groundsman could shed some light.

Stadium plan update on os.

www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2916

The main blocking point from my pov is ownership of stadium which will be looked at. Still a way to go before I could support this though!

Eta link not working as I'm on my phone but you all know how to get there.

Talks about "starting the process" of shutting down the offshore company (strange choice of words for me) and then goes on to say the only reason they wanted to own the stadium was so they could avoid tax. So on one hand he's making everything fit and proper whilst at the same time exploring all avenues to avoid paying a future tax which would be legally due. 

Can someone just put up a million quid and get these guys to f**k? We'll pay it back in sex sessions with Nade (arguably worth more than a million).

And another thing, he says Brabco are financing this stadium, really? Isn't the sale of our current land and the sale of plots of land next to the new stadium going to finance it? If not, I'd be keen to know how much Brabco are putting in out their own pocket.

Finally, his grammar is woeful.

Aye, I'm really not sure we learn anything from that statement. If they were considering shutting down the offshore company all along, why didn't they just tell the Reporter that?

Brabco (and Wilson as the main public face of that) are dodgy I reckon. Not sure what it is, but I'm more than sure that there's more to the story than meets the eye. The fact he's so unwilling to speak publically only confirms that. Why not speak to Adam Thomas? Why not go to the Community Council meeting? Why not make yourself available around the supporters bar? The only reason I can think of is that Wilson is scared he'll let something slip that he shouldn't imo.

No doubt that statement on the os will have gone through his lawyers before being made public.

It all reeks of desperation. Everything we voice concerns about will be responded to with a magical, made up on the spot, solution. Remember the plan to have a big drainage basin underneath the 3G pitches when we spoke about flooding? Amazing stuff.

The only way I'll ever support this plan is if the trust do. At the moment I have to say that's looking pretty unlikely.

See what really grinds my gears about that though? It feels as if he's making out that he's doing us a favour by releasing a statement. That harks back to the (pretty attrocious) attitude shown by Wilson and Hosie at the Trust meeting. Like we should be grateful for our Brabco masters.

These motherfuckers are fucking us with a broken bottle while laughing in our faces and saying "Broken bottle? What broken bottle?". They are rearranging their companies (or "onshore and offshore vehicles" if you prefer) in order to f**k the taxman, f**k the club, f**k the fans and f**k the town. DO NOT TRUST THESE c***s.

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Talks about "starting the process" of shutting down the offshore company (strange choice of words for me) and then goes on to say the only reason they wanted to own the stadium was so they could avoid tax. So on one hand he's making everything fit and proper whilst at the same time exploring all avenues to avoid paying a future tax which would be legally due. 

Can someone just put up a million quid and get these guys to f**k? We'll pay it back in sex sessions with Nade (arguably worth more than a million).

I'd love to see WDC put up the £1m or so & make BooBco disappear. Turning our current stadium intae a proper "Community facility" used by us and other local teams etc.

It'll never happen in reality, sadly.

WDC have mismanaged their budget to the tune of a multi million pound deficit, hence why they have for a couple of years now been randomly invoicing West Dunbartonshire residents for works that haven't been done in the hope that they can claw in some much needed revenue, so the chances of them forking over a seven figure sum to DFC are slightly less than the chance of me having a threesome with Dolly Parton and Marilyn Monroe. And WDC's criminal association, particularly amongst the land, environmental and property department, is so extreme that it makes Brabco look honest by comparison. There are many prominent local gangsters who have the principals of that department firmly in their pockets, it's not even subtle.

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I'd love to see WDC put up the £1m or so & make BooBco disappear. Turning our current stadium intae a proper "Community facility" used by us and other local teams etc.

It'll never happen in reality, sadly.

Anyone but the council :lol:

They would milk us for every penny we had if we gave them any sort of leverage.