Sons' sorrow

Not surprising to be fair, albeit disappointing to lose him for such a pivotal game like the Raith one this weekend.

I see that there's been 'internal disciplinary action' which he's accepted as well.

At least that's it done with now. We can look to our next game without it hanging over us.

And here's hoping for a drab draw in Kirkcaldy tonight.

Stevie's comments about their being no headbutt look a bit silly now. I understand why he did it, but maybe he'd have been better saying something like "it's being dealt with and we won't be speaking about it publicly". Still.

Completely understandable outcome, and probably the correct one when combined with club action. Here's hoping it teaches Sparky a lesson and it's never repeated. 

22 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

2 match ban for Docherty as a result of his and Carswell's 'coming together' at East End Park.  That's all we need with Buchanan's suspension and Harvie's international duty.

If no-one saw it how can the compliance officer offer a two match ban?

I've just read the notice on the OS, and for the avoidance of doubt regarding that last sentence, let it be proclaimed thro every corner of the shire that WE THE PEOPLE WILL DECIDE WHETHER THERE WILL BE ANY FURTHER COMMENT ON THIS MATTER, be it here, at mother and toddlers groups, in Desire nightclub, up The Crags or at Morrison's fish counter.

So there, Mr DFC.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've just read the notice on the OS, and for the avoidance of doubt regarding that last sentence, let it be proclaimed thro every corner of the shire that WE THE PEOPLE WILL DECIDE WHETHER THERE WILL BE ANY FURTHER COMMENT ON THIS MATTER, be it here, at mother and toddlers groups, in Desire nightclub, up The Crags or at Morrison's fish counter.

So there, Mr DFC.

Get them telt :P

'Internal disciplinary' should mean wages towards a supporters bus to Ayr.  Gets everyone back on board and means we get a healthy support along for a game which could be pivotal.

2 match ban for Docherty as a result of his and Carswell's 'coming together' at East End Park.  That's all we need with Buchanan's suspension and Harvie's international duty.

I would like to think we'll be more adventurous and take the game to Raith with a traditional 442, but I reckon it's more likely Fleming will partner carswell in the holding role.

2 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

What's the general consensus on the result tonight then?

I'm happy St Mirren aren't any closer and if either team had to win I think I'd have preferred it to be Raith in all honesty. If we beat them on Saturday it puts us back above them anyway.

My initial reaction to the final score line was F***. It would have been better if it had been a 0-0 draw. Raith were always going to get better under Hughes though, it's what he does. 

I'm more concerned about Ayr overhauling us than Raith being above us. And don't forget the two late goals when we played Ayr. It could quite easily happen again this Saturday. 

Not optimistic tonight. :(

7 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

What's the general consensus on the result tonight then?

I'm happy St Mirren aren't any closer and if either team had to win I think I'd have preferred it to be Raith in all honesty. If we beat them on Saturday it puts us back above them anyway.

Yup, I'd agree with that. We only need to finish above two teams, and this stops St Mirren's nice wee run of form.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Yup, I'd agree with that. We only need to finish above two teams, and this stops St Mirren's nice wee run of form.

But Ayr are just below us with a game in hand........

2 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Presumably the footage Dunfermline had of the incident found its way to the Compliance Officer?

2 hours ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Grasses! :thumbsdown

Just on the subject of this, the media coverage will have attracted the compliance officers attention. He'll then ask the referee and his assistants if they saw it, which they hadn't, so he'll get the footage from the Pars and make a judgement based on that. If he'd been spotted doing it then it would've been a two match ban, hence he gets it now.

Just now, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

But Ayr are just below us with a game in hand........

Yup, but to quote every football manager in history "I'd rather have the points on the board than a game in hand". According to my quick Google it's away at Dundee United on the 28/3 too - which is about as tough as it gets.

33 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I'd take your 2 extra points to our game in hand any day tbh.

After your recent game at the Rock, I reserve the right to be not optimistic about our prospects in the next few weeks.

i take your point though... points in the bag are better than games in hand, usually.