Sons' sorrow

7 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

It is a great offer but is it not somewhat concerning that cash flow is so bad that we are basically borrowing next year's income to fund this season

I'd imagine we have cash flow issues every season, especially at this level. We've got 1 home game in a 5 week period so I'm not surprised we need a bit of cash to see us through.

As I said previously, I'd rather the fans benefitted from an offer to raise cash than us going straight to the bank for a loan.

I genuinely think we will be ok. We've improved massively of late and have been picking up points in the process.

I can't fathom the line of thought that it's not time to 'panic yet'. It's nowhere near time to even consider panicking.

We're unbeaten in four, we're scoring goals, we've only lost three in the last ten and our last two away games have yielded four points in a very good win in Kirkcaldy and a good point at TFS.

It'd have been great to have beaten St. Mirren and held on for the win against Ayr, but that's not what happened. The important thing from those games is that those teams didn't gain anything on us and it's another game down.

With the games we have left, I'm comfortable that we have the ability to pick up the points necessary. And we have another four teams around us that are in this fight too, which I see as a good thing. Dunfermline aren't anything special, Raith are in freefall, Ayr are an absolute gang and St. Mirren have been awful all season albeit have picked up massively of late.

We still have all of those above to play, Dunfermline twice, and we're more than capable of winning enough games and taking enough points to ensure two sides finish below us come the end of the season.

Going through Andy's photos from the Ayr game on Facebook, and look who was in the stand. Wonder why he could make the game, but not the community council meeting a few days earlier...Busy man I suppose. Or (as is more likely imo) too scared after the fans meeting.

16864724_1526203144074945_75285334798869

Going through Andy's photos from the Ayr game on Facebook, and look who was in the stand. Wonder why he could make the game, but not the community council meeting a few days earlier...Busy man I suppose. Or (as is more likely imo) too scared after the fans meeting.
16864724_1526203144074945_7528533479886901420_n.jpg?oh=d35a1a42f74b72fd30ca5ac978bf751c&oe=593711D4

Theres's many things I can turn a blind eye to but a representative of our great club sporting that monstrosity of a scarf is not one of them.

Fold us now.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Theres's many things I can turn a blind eye to but a representative of our great club sporting that monstrosity of a scarf is not one of them.

Fold us now.

I was just pleased to see that someone had tied his tie for him this time.

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 06:58, The Moonster said:

As I said previously, I'd rather the fans benefitted from an offer to raise cash than us going straight to the bank for a loan.

I would be astonished if any bank would lend money to a scottish football club. Certainly not without a personal guarantee from directors but probably not at all.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I would ne astonoshed if any bank would lend money to a scottish football club. Certainly not without a personal guarantee from directors but probably not at all.

Fair point. I'd still rather we did this to raise cash than borrow from somewhere else.

It affected me getting mine today. I was delayed at least 30 seconds. I went down at 1.30pm and purchased 2 tickets. At that time they had sold over 50. So maybe not much cut price tickets left.

It got me thinking. I'm happy to get my ticket to save a wee bit but at the same time I can afford to pay more.

I mentioned a few seasons back to Alan Jardine that I would happily have paid £250 for my ticket when they were £235. I said I'd put a £15 donation in and asked if there was a managers fund. Alan said they were going to start one. As far as I know this never happened.

Does anyone else think this a good idea and how many of us would be happy to donate what we have saved from season ticket discount to go directly to a managers fund?

I'll certainly be suggesting I am looking to donate my saving to a fund.

3 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

It affected me getting mine today. I was delayed at least 30 seconds. I went down at 1.30pm and purchased 2 tickets. At that time they had sold over 50. So maybe not much cut price tickets left.

It got me thinking. I'm happy to get my ticket to save a wee bit but at the same time I can afford to pay more.

I mentioned a few seasons back to Alan Jardine that I would happily have paid £250 for my ticket when they were £235. I said I'd put a £15 donation in and asked if there was a managers fund. Alan said they were going to start one. As far as I know this never happened.

Does anyone else think this a good idea and how many of us would be happy to donate what we have saved from season ticket discount to go directly to a managers fund?

I'll certainly be suggesting I am looking to donate my saving to a fund.

I often wonder whether the trust membership should be slightly more. £10 really is nothing when you think about it. I'd happily pay double that for all the benefits that come with it. But I can understand that doubling a price would put some of the fairweather fans off renewal of their membership.

I often wonder whether the trust membership should be slightly more. £10 really is nothing when you think about it. I'd happily pay double that for all the benefits that come with it. But I can understand that doubling a price would put some of the fairweather fans off renewal of their membership.

Good point....perhaps an option would be two levels of membership? Silver and gold...with the gold maybe £20 and with current benefits, while the silver would have slightly reduced?

1 hour ago, aftershocker said:

Good point....perhaps an option would be two levels of membership? Silver and gold...with the gold maybe £20 and with current benefits, while the silver would have slightly reduced?

That would be a decent way of working things. You could even just add a benefit like, 'Gold members get first choice of tickets for cup games and the awards bash'. Something which wouldn't make too much difference in the grand scheme of things, but justifies an extra you could get.

What it ultimately means is you don't lose any benefits from the current set up but have an option to pay a bit more if you would like to.

Is there something that stops people from donating at the moment? Surely if you walked into reception and said "I want to give you £50 for nothing in return" they'd be absolutely bonkers to knock that back, unless there is some legal block that prevents us from taking donations?

Adding in different levels of membership for the Trust doesn't work. Added benefits such as first choice for cup tickets will never ever effect us - I don't think there's a ground in the Scottish game which won't comfortably house our support. The whole point of the Trust is that every member is equal and has the same oportunities to have their say, giving different members different levels of benefits aleinates folk who can't afford the extra tenner or whatever. A set rate for all members is the only way a Trust can work.

Good comments from Baillie on the stadium/ownership - should put to bed this nonsense that we are wanted out of our current location by every man and their dug when the MSP is telling us we don't need to move and she's spot on about our owners transparency. I would hope the DFC board see fit to answer the questions put to them now regarding their ownership/plans.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is there something that stops people from donating at the moment? Surely if you walked into reception and said "I want to give you £50 for nothing in return" they'd be absolutely bonkers to knock that back, unless there is some legal block that prevents us from taking donations?

There's no legal block on that. People can give money to football clubs if they want. We've had the half time draw winner return his prize to the club twice this season already for a start.