Sons' sorrow

The article said only that the expense would be shared out. Perhaps for the land owners their commitment is the land involved?

"The cost of the £1.2million path will be split between the local authority, Dumbarton FC, Turnberry Homes, Lidl and Cullross Homes."

The above would suggest it's a monetary cost involved.

19 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Some comments about dwindling crowds at CID but looking at the 13 home league games this season, our published average is 1126*. In 2015/16 with Rangers and Hibs visiting after 13 home games it was 1107. In 2014/15 with Rangers Hibs and Hearts visiting it was 1065 after 13. In 2013/14 with Dundee as the biggest club in the league it was 893 after 13.

*One slight cheat is that there was no published crowd this season for the home game v Falkirk on 17th Sept so the average here is actually from 12 games.

Which would be the highest average since we moved to the Rock and higher than our average crowds for the early eighties when we were playing at a similar level but doing better

"The cost of the £1.2million path will be split between the local authority, Dumbarton FC, Turnberry Homes, Lidl and Cullross Homes."

The above would suggest it's a monetary cost involved.

That's absolute bullshit. There's no way we'll be paying anything for this. Why would we? I don't believe we could be made to either.

Can you imagine the council wanted to put a path through part of your garden and said you'd need to pay for part of it. Aye right!

That's absolute bullshit. There's no way we'll be paying anything for this. Why would we? I don't believe we could be made to either.

Can you imagine the council wanted to put a path through part of your garden and said you'd need to pay for part of it. Aye right!

Excuse me responding to my post. I think it was done earlier in the week anyway.

Just to add to what's been said. I do smell a rat with this one too. They do seem to think we are stupid. Surely any truth in this is down to DFC scaremongering and trying to justify the ground move with another non truth story.

22 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It's highly unsurprising to hear that we've approached the club with such an idea only to have it ignored/rejected.

There's some folk absolutely stinking the place out down there.

There are attitudes around which I'd describe as "old fashioned" that need to change. We're working really hard to improve relations and try to get things moving a bit, and actually the stadium discussions are helping with that. But note from what I wrote above - there's also apathy and negativity among us fans. I'm not criticising anyone, just saying we all have a job of work to do. We need to bury past resentments and get stuck in!

Now... three points from Ayr today, pleeeeease lads!!  #MonEhSons

Edited by TheFarPost

1 hour ago, TheFarPost said:

There are attitudes around which I'd describe as "old fashioned" that need to change. We're working really hard to improve relations and try to get things moving a bit, and actually the stadium discussions are helping with that. But note from what I wrote above - there's also apathy and negativity among us fans. I'm not criticising anyone, just saying we all have a job of work to do. We need to bury past resentments and get stuck in!

Now... three points from Ayr today, pleeeeease lads!!  #MonEhSons

Not just amongst fans, amongst townspeople here in general.  I well remember when a certain Italian-themed café opened in Glasgow Road there was a virtual queue of folk waiting for it to fail, and fail spectacularly to justify their own prejudices and warped sense of wisdom; I know because I had the misfortune to have my ear bent by several of them.  About five years on the café seems to be prospering.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Not just amongst fans, amongst townspeople here in general.  I well remember when a certain Italian-themed café opened in Glasgow Road there was a virtual queue of folk waiting for it to fail, and fail spectacularly to justify their own prejudices and warped sense of wisdom; I know because I had the misfortune to have my ear bent by several of them.  About five years on the café seems to be prospering.

Is that the one that is right beside Greenhead Road? 

If so, it's excellent.

Just out of interest, is Lewis Vaughan struggling to get game-time because of the system you're playing, the form of the guys keeping him out, or has he just not done enough to merit a place?

Considering the (understandable) reaction from Rovers fans about the move, it's interesting to see he isn't getting a game for yourselves either.

Just out of interest, is Lewis Vaughan struggling to get game-time because of the system you're playing, the form of the guys keeping him out, or has he just not done enough to merit a place?

Considering the (understandable) reaction from Rovers fans about the move, it's interesting to see he isn't getting a game for yourselves either.

To be honest he's being kept out of the team by Sam Stanton at the moment who has been absolutely excellent since about December. We play a 4-2-3-1 with Stanton in the middle of the 3 and Nadé up top meaning that his options are really limited to solely Stanton's role.

I'd absolutely like to see more of him as he's been impressive every time I've seen him, but I'm not really sure where we put him at the minute.

See in the sonstv post game interview Aitken saying that players are beginning to ask about contracts for next season.

Aitken says that his own future has nt been decided and that for various reasons they cant yet speak to players.

There's a balance to be found here I think. We should offer terms to our better players just now and have everyone else playing for a contract. As we've seen with Robbie Thomson, players will be talking and commiting to other teams already.

I thought about who I'd keep from the squad, nearly all of them!

I would keep all of them. Can't see us holding on to Stirling if he keeps this form up though. I would hope we could sign up the rest and I'd be interested to see if we could get Stanton back but imagine he'll attract full time offers.

But offering them deals now may not be wise. We could still go down.

15 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Interesting to note how full the home end was today compared with the St Mirren game. Makes it all the more obvious how all ticket games are costing us money

Absolutely. That's the busiest it's been around where I sit in ages. I just hope everyone comes back for the next home game!

5 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

See in the sonstv post game interview Aitken saying that players are beginning to ask about contracts for next season.

Aitken says that his own future has nt been decided and that for various reasons they cant yet speak to players.

There's a balance to be found here I think. We should offer terms to our better players just now and have everyone else playing for a contract. As we've seen with Robbie Thomson, players will be talking and commiting to other teams already.

I thought about who I'd keep from the squad, nearly all of them!

Maybe players wouldn't want to commit if there is a chance the manager may change but IMO we should be trying to tie are best players down now. 

For me thats. Martin, Buchanan, Barr, Harvie, Docherty, Stirling, Carswell, Flemming.

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Good to see Stanton bag a couple goals, shame you couldn't hold out for the win.

He took both his goals well yesterday. First goal seemed to just float in.

The Bold part was what caused us to draw yesterday. We tried are best to "hold out for a win" we should have  been throwing attack after attack at Ayr but we decided to fanny around.