Sons' sorrow

Is he away to Stranraer as a coach or assistant gaffer?

On the OS Stevie said "We are sorry to lose Alan as he's a popular member of our backroom staff but I understand his reason for leaving." I can only assume that means he's away there as assistant, otherwise his reason for leaving would be fairly strange.

Away to do similar role at Stranraer.

2 minutes ago, Stirlingblue said:

What's Kassarate like?

In all honesty I don't really know. He's only made a few sub appearances for us where he looked alright - if a bit lightweight - but I'm hopeful that spending the first part of this season with Rob Roy will have helped him get used to the game up here.

He looked confident on the ball, skillful and with a decent turn of pace. But that was only based on a few touches against Cumbernauld Colts and a brief runout against Peterhead in July. Hope he gets plenty of game time for you guys as it's a smashing move and a great opportunity for him to really develop as a player at a decent level.

7 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

how can you class us loaning someone out to the end of the season an "emergency loan"

Dont get me wrong we're working within the rules but just think it's crazy that this even exists 

An emergency loan can only be a maximum of 93 days. If that takes it to the end of the season then I don't see the problem. Emergency loans are a good idea but obviously the definition of emergency is somewhat vague.

Heard a story about today

3 adults with 3 young  kids turned up at home end on spec to watch game and of course couldn't get in.

crowd was 1377 although I'm certain this is not a correct figure.

i would ask for an official explanation on the official site as to why our club is so intent in turning away money 

3 adults with 3 young  kids turned up at home end on spec to watch game and of course couldn't get in.
i would ask for an official explanation on the official site as to why our club is so intent in turning away money 

I had an Ayr fan on Twitter saying his grandson and some other folk came to the ground and were told it was sold out.

I let him know we are just pish at things like this and should have been selling up to kick off. If you could buy tickets on the day we would have made a bit more money.

6 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

5 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

I had an Ayr fan on Twitter saying his grandson and some other folk came to the ground and were told it was sold out.

I let him know we are just pish at things like this and should have been selling up to kick off. If you could buy tickets on the day we would have made a bit more money.

Historically I have defended the club in these situations but my experiences this season of getting ticket etc are crazy.

Dundee Utd game, get to the ground during the week, can I have seat x if possible as it's beside the people I normally sit with. No we only sell the tickets in blocks and that area is sold out. So I can give you random seat Y. Ok fine. Go to the game and sit beside my friends with plenty of seats free. Hmm either "that blocks booked out" was a lie or we have lots of ppl buying tickets only not to show up.

Yesterdays game same thing as above only this time find out supposedly the real reason of why they sell the tickets this way. We don't have time to sort through and find the seat you would be looking for so you just get given the next ticket on the pile. WTF ok I mean it's not exactly hard to find a ticket. Imagine going to the cinema/ concert/ theatre and being told on we're filling from the front so you'll just get the next ticket we have free. Oh you want to chose your seat, no no no we don't do that.

oh and the kicker yesterday was during the game my mum went to get a drink of water as she had a bad cough only to be told we have to charge you for the cup. As they are all counted. Really someone needs a drink of tap water and we're charging them. 

The club really need to take a long hard look at how it's run and maybe look up Customer Service. We have visions of grandure but can't do the basics.

Historically I have defended the club in these situations but my experiences this season of getting ticket etc are crazy.
Dundee Utd game, get to the ground during the week, can I have seat x if possible as it's beside the people I normally sit with. No we only sell the tickets in blocks and that area is sold out. So I can give you random seat Y. Ok fine. Go to the game and sit beside my friends with plenty of seats free. Hmm either "that blocks booked out" was a lie or we have lots of ppl buying tickets only not to show up.
Yesterdays game same thing as above only this time find out supposedly the real reason of why they sell the tickets this way. We don't have time to sort through and find the seat you would be looking for so you just get given the next ticket on the pile. WTF ok I mean it's not exactly hard to find a ticket. Imagine going to the cinema/ concert/ theatre and being told on we're filling from the front so you'll just get the next ticket we have free. Oh you want to chose your seat, no no no we don't do that.
oh and the kicker yesterday was during the game my mum went to get a drink of water as she had a bad cough only to be told we have to charge you for the cup. As they are all counted. Really someone needs a drink of tap water and we're charging them. 
The club really need to take a long hard look at how it's run and maybe look up Customer Service. We have visions of grandure but can't do the basics.

Seats weren't allocated. As long as you had a ticket you could sit anywhere.

44 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Seats weren't allocated. As long as you had a ticket you could sit anywhere.

My ticket certainly had a seat number on it. Now given the fact we only had 1300 odd there then yes you can sit where you want but if we "sold out" properly then you would have to sit where the ticket says.

By my rough maths we have thrown away approx 50/60k this year because we can't be bothered.

average 800 empty seats

average ticket price £15

£12000

now multiply that over  5 all ticket games and there you go. An extra player or money for the youths etc

3 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

My ticket certainly had a seat number on it. Now given the fact we only had 1300 odd there then yes you can sit where you want but if we "sold out" properly then you would have to sit where the ticket says.

By my rough maths we have thrown away approx 50/60k this year because we can't be bothered.

average 800 empty seats

average ticket price £15

£12000

now multiply that over  5 all ticket games and there you go. An extra player or money for the youths etc

In fairness we haven't really thrown away the equivalent of 800 empty seats every all ticket game.

I'm not defending the club here. All ticket policy is a pain in the arse and the concession made to season ticket holders that we no longer need to swap the season ticket voucher doesnt really address the disruption caused for PAYG fans.

But would we really have had an extra 800 fans turning up to pay at the gate but who couldn't because there was no cash gate option? We might have got an extra couple of dozen. That's still money in the bank. But its small fry compared to the bigger picture.

All ticket games are a pain in the hole for everybody. The club need to put measures in place to get tickets printed and sold. Fans need to make arrangements to get to the stadium to buy tickets. The late night opening is a relatively new idea for these all ticket games since we now strangely seem not to sell tickets during the home games immediately preceding the all ticket match. Is all ticket really the reason we don't sell out those games? The truth is that the Dunbartonshire public on the whole has absolutely no interest in us. You could tour the county in an open-topped bus and shout from a megaphone that there's a game on at the Rock and you'd struggle to increase the home gate. All ticket matches are an inconvenience to current fans but they really do little to discourage new ones.

Until we somehow find a way of generating more interest in the club from the local population? Moaning about an all ticket fixture and the handful of fans who miss out is ignoring the gaping holes in our support for every other game where locals can walk up, pay their money and support their local team. When we're getting 800+ home fans at every home game and we have a healthy walk up crowd we can point our finger at all ticket games as being a major disincentive. Until then? The bigger issue is why these fans don't turn up at any other game.

When I got my tickets my details were taken presumely to ensure I was local. If there is ruling that you must make some attempt to ensure home fans by tickets that may explain why tickets couldn't be sold on the day. I think that would be a shit ruling especially for a part time club like ours.