Sons' sorrow

50 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

Wired to the moon.

Twice you've levelled this accusation at me now without any substance. Given my electrical background, I can safely say with a great deal of certainty that it's not possible to wire someone to the moon. Care to elaborate on your accusation(s)?

Wasn't sure about Durrant but the twitter storm is great reading. Every Celtic fan in Dumbarton now hate us and hope we go down with one guy even stating that we've "lost the goodwill of a large percentage of the local population" [emoji38]
This'll be the same goodwill that sees absolutely none of them attend Dumbarton games on a regular basis or take an interest in the future of the club. Their goodwill stretches as far as "how did Dumbarton get on today?" when they see a fan in the pub and every last one of them can bite my banger.

I'm a St.Mirren fan and I can relate to this big time. FTOF

Spot feckin' on Moonster.  And I hope this demonstrates that the knuckle-draggers wear colours other than blue, brutal enough as they are.

Anyone who thinks the idiocy is restricted to one side of the old firm is deluded.

They are both as bad as each other and whilst they both attempt to the play the game of "they are badder than us" the rest of us are overcome with a severe case of cringe.

I hope a sinkhole swallows the lot of them and takes the Harp and the masonic with them.

If only goodwill paid the bills eh?

I replied to the goodwill plonker on twitter asking what goodwill he was referring and needless to say not a peep.

Bitter and twisted individual who probably realises now that his interpretation of goodwill was nothing more than wanting to see dumbarton win. Which is of course as he came from the town.

Wasn't sure about Durrant but the twitter storm is great reading. Every Celtic fan in Dumbarton now hate us and hope we go down with one guy even stating that we've "lost the goodwill of a large percentage of the local population" [emoji38]
This'll be the same goodwill that sees absolutely none of them attend Dumbarton games on a regular basis or take an interest in the future of the club. Their goodwill stretches as far as "how did Dumbarton get on today?" when they see a fan in the pub and every last one of them can bite my banger.

Very well observed.

What a great result today. I'll be honest and admit I was in the wrong when I was calling for Stevie's head after 'that result'. The players he has brought in in January look to be excellent additions and he's got rid of the ones we all wanted punted who weren't good enough.
At the start of this season I was worried, really worried we would be going down. A win next week or even a draw leaves us 4 full wins ahead of St Mirren, surely that would be enough for another season in the championship, or at least a play off! In fact, f**k it, were only 4 points off 5th! Playoffs here we come!

Just had a wee gander at upcoming fixtures...

Obviously we play St. Mirren next, but their next game after that is Dundee United.

So a win for us against St. Mirren next Saturday could be massive, presuming that form and league positions give the expected result when they play United.

Some big games coming up, but what a difference a few weeks make. I'm looking forward to games coming up with confidence and no fear. Well Done to all involved for the turnaround.

Apart from what appears to have been a very good performance and win for us today, could we really have scripted events any better elsewhere ?  Other than ourselves, only Dunfermline of the bottom six picked up a point.

Make no mistake, that was a BIG result for us today, and it would have come as a hammer blow to not only Raith, but also St.Mirren and Ayr (thank you Falkirk and Morton BTW).  With a bit of luck we'll have both Vaughn and Garry available for selection next week, and we've given ourselves a great platform heading into this next fixture.

How bad was Nade's injury BTW ?

#atitfromthestart

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Make no mistake, that was a BIG result for us today, and it would have come as a hammer blow to not only Raith, but also St.Mirren and Ayr (thank you Falkirk and Morton BTW).  With a bit of luck we'll have both Vaughn and Garry available for selection next week, and we've given ourselves a great platform heading into this next fixture.

Absolutely. In the context of the other results today our win is a big step towards safety. But it's more than that. Our three previous games had seen us put in good performances (last week less so but still arguably deserved something from the game) and take zero points from 9. My fear today was that we'd put in another good performance but that another narrow defeat would have impacted on the confidence of the players, and before you know it you're in a real dip, questioning where the next point's coming from.

Instead we've halted a run a defeats with a comprehensive away win. Three goals will give the players confidence ahead of next weeks crucial match with St Mirren. In contrast the Buddies will be on a downer. After a positive cup result last weekend and win for them today could've seen a bit of a run kicking in. Instead they're back to losing with the gap to 8th extending further.

likewise Ayr. Both lose at home while we win and chalk off another tricky way tie.

Plenty to be positive about, more so when I hear we're upsetting one half of the old firm arse.

29 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Just had a wee gander at upcoming fixtures...

Obviously we play St. Mirren next, but their next game after that is Dundee United.

So a win for us against St. Mirren next Saturday could be massive, presuming that form and league positions give the expected result when they play United.

Some big games coming up, but what a difference a few weeks make. I'm looking forward to games coming up with confidence and no fear. Well Done to all involved for the turnaround.

You forgot the weather and grass length factors.