Sons' sorrow

16 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Joe Thompson has been exactly what we have been missing so far this season in midfield. Superb player. You boys were not wrong.

Decent player. Next Saturday should be a cracking match, I hope. 

We've got Lewis Vaughan now though 8)

I rated Thomson but on today's showing I'll take Carswell and Vaughan over Thomson and Todd every week.

Agreed. Yesterday's performance was probably the best football we have played this season by some distance. And those two players were the only difference from earlier in the season

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Agreed. Yesterday's performance was probably the best football we have played this season by some distance. And those two players were the only difference from earlier in the season

Absolutely.

I think that there's also been a fundamental change in our style of play. We seem much less prone towards knocking the ball long and immediately surrendering possession. There's definitely more evidence of passing the ball through the midfield. I wonder if this was one of the things discussed in the exchange of views that took place between management and players in the aftermath of the result that shall not speak  its name? You could see this in the first 25-30 minutes of the game at Easter Road.

I just love watching the team express themselves, and playing without the inhibition that plagued us until Bonnyrigg.

Remember Sparky's Cruyff turn yesterday? Under pressure from two opponents in his own half, he managed to escape and start an attack. Summed up the new mentality in one moment for me.