Sons' sorrow

I genuinely only remember him playing as a striker but if he can play out wide and use his pace to feed the Prince then I'm happy with that.

On paper Stevie seems to have done a grand job this window. Now the hard work of picking the right team and making them work together starts, and it needs to start fast.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Gallagher is rubbish. He cannot get a start in a team that is bottom of the League says it all. And Todd has played most games for you this season? From where I am the Buds got the better deal.

Time will tell, but I'm pretty pleased to be honest. Todd has played but been the definition of meh since he joined us, and given we have three players ahead of him in his natural position it makes sense to swap him for a more out and out winger.

2 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Serious question, how long is "Short term"?

Was wondering that myself - I'd like to think it's until the season's end in May (which is only a short number of months away!) but I am a wee bit worried that it's only a month long thing - can't think why we'd do that though...

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Time will tell, but I'm pretty pleased to be honest. Todd has played but been the definition of meh since he joined us, and given we have three players ahead of him in his natural position it makes sense to swap him for a more out and out winger.

Fair enough. But considering the state we are in Ross chose a 17yo U20 player instead of Gallagher. And Todd has at least played most games this season in a team that is above us. To be fair I do not think he will be first pick but should improve the squad. In fact getting shot of Gallagher improves the squad.

Gallagher is rubbish. He cannot get a start in a team that is bottom of the League says it all. And Todd has played most games for you this season? From where I am the Buds got the better deal.

Todd always seems to be covering injuries or suspensions. We've pretty much had to play him due to the size of our squad.

Having seen both players I'd consider Gallagher superior. He was very effective for Cowdenbeath at this level so I'm hopeful he can do a job for us.

I genuinely only remember him playing as a striker but if he can play out wide and use his pace to feed the Prince then I'm happy with that.

On paper Stevie seems to have done a grand job this window. Now the hard work of picking the right team and making them work together starts, and it needs to start fast.

When Rae came in halfway through last season, Gallagher pretty much played every game at right wing in a 4-4-2.

He works his arse off, but has a pretty bad touch, despite a not bad finish.

Hopefully this a good deal for both parties.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Was wondering that myself - I'd like to think it's until the season's end in May (which is only a short number of months away!) but I am a wee bit worried that it's only a month long thing - can't think why we'd do that though...

It seems a bit suspicious at the moment. They seem to have avoided actually stating anywhere how long he is signed for. Unless Stevie wants h limited to prove himself? Only thing being, I assume he has played for St Mirren this year? If he has and plays for us, then he can't sign anywhere else.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Todd always seems to be covering injuries or suspensions. We've pretty much had to play him due to the size of our squad.

Having seen both players I'd consider Gallagher superior. He was very effective for Cowdenbeath at this level so I'm hopeful he can do a job for us.

Maybe we were just not the team for him. I was surprised when Rae gave him a year's contract at the start of the season as he wasn't that impressive in his 6 month loan spell. But Ross does not rate him. Best of luck to him and you guys as long as we do not finish bottom.

9 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

5 goals in 10 for Cowdenbeath at this level and 10 goals (i think) from playing mostly out wide last season hardly suggests he's rubbish. He'll do well at Dumbarton if they give him a run of games.

Just now, Scosha said:

5 goals in 10 for Cowdenbeath at this level and 10 goals (i think) from playing mostly out wide last season hardly suggests he's rubbish. He'll do well at Dumbarton if they give him a run of games.

6 goals last season in 33 starts. 2 starts this season and 0 goals.