Sons' sorrow

Having a quick look around the available players, it seems defender Craig Reid is available. He was playing with our new signing Stuart Carswell at Keflavik, I'd like to think we'd be sounding him out at least for cover at the back.

Reid and Carswell were together at Motherwell and St Mirren too. Hopefully they come as a multipack as we really do need a defender for Saturday - and Reid's versatility would be extremely handy.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Reid and Carswell were together at Motherwell and St Mirren too. Hopefully they come as a multipack as we really do need a defender for Saturday - and Reid's versatility would be extremely handy.

If you head over to the match thread, it looks like we actually don't need a defender for Saturday as Buchy is available. Having a defender on the bench would be nice though, I agree.

Make it happen, Stee.

Having a quick look around the available players, it seems defender Craig Reid is available. He was playing with our new signing Stuart Carswell at Keflavik, I'd like to think we'd be sounding him out at least for cover at the back.

We're meant to be in talks with Reid, so that means he'll end up signing with someone else as has been the case with all our recent targets.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I thought we had a deal with Ayr, we wouldn't go for any more strikers to let them have one - and they'd leave us a defender.

Snakes imo

We have Mikey Donald, all is fine up front. 

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

How has Josh Todd been with you guys?

Pretty meh. He works hard, is ok on the ball and a decent athlete but nothing more than a meh utility man at the moment imo. 

If you sign him on a paid contract then, I believe, you could owe Annan some compo - and I'm not sure he's worth shelling out for.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Pretty meh. He works hard, is ok on the ball and a decent athlete but nothing more than a meh utility man at the moment imo. 

If you sign him on a paid contract then, I believe, you could owe Annan some compo - and I'm not sure he's worth shelling out for.

Just an unsubstantiated murmur at the moment but we do not have money to spare on compo as we are still probably paying off the last 5 managers and their assistants.

He's signing for St Mirren tomorrow apparently, well according to their thread.

I genuinely thought the only move he'd be making would be to a League 1 club, I'm astounded he's got himself a full-time club. Fair play to him, more than happy for him to move on and for ourselves to seek out a replacement.

You can never fault his effort but I was never convinced he was good enough for this level.