Sons' sorrow

Todd at left back sounds bizarre but even if he played his usual meh way I'd prefer it to Pettigrew at LB. Both seem bizarre when we have a player who can naturally play LB in midfield.

I too, suspect Pettigrew will play though :unsure:

Edited by squeezeboxson

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is Pettigrew realy that bad that some (one poster tbf) would rather start a Striker at Left Back?

He's been pretty bad, with a couple of decent performances thrown in. He played left back against Bonnyrigg in the first leg and failed to deal with just about everything that came his way so I can understand why folk are looking at all other options. But, I'd rather we kept Sparky in the middle against Morton. They've got a good midfield and we need him in there.

Is Pettigrew realy that bad that some (one poster tbf) would rather start a Striker at Left Back?

Pettigrew is honking.

In terms of the 'striker' at left back he hasn't even played as a striker for us once this season. He's been deployed on the wing or in central midfield and has the attributes you'd expect from a utility type player. I have no doubt he could probably do a job a left back but I'm not sure how he'd cope being flung in there away from home against a team who's sitting 3rd in the league.

That being said, after Pettigrew's absolutely vile performance at left back againsy Bonnyrigg I'd rather he was left on the bench.

Basically I have no idea what I'd do.

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, he really isn't up to this level and, after being poor against Bonnyrigg (twice) at left-back I'm not really sure I fancy seeing him up against Championship quality players there.

Sparky has indeed won Man of the Match 4 times this year, including both home games V Dundee United.

Anybody fancy volunteering to pick Man of the Match for forthcoming games? Give me a shout.

I would like to pick but I'll need to sort my sons trust membership out. Been saying this for seasons now. I've just been lazy.

Pettigrew isn't very good at RB but yes he had one or two reasonable performances. His biggest problem seems to be when he is put under any kind of pressure. Which in this league happens a lot! He doesn't have pace and most of the wingers in this division run a mock against slow full backs. Which is why Smith seems to be working quite well.

I thought he got caught out of position an awful lot too, the amount of goals we conceded down his side where he was trudging back near the halfway line was mental. He's quite a good crosser on his left-foot to be fair to him though. So I don't want to be totally negative.

Sparky's been a bit of a revelation playing in the middle - either at CB or CM - off the top of my head I think he's won something like 4 MOTM awards in our home games this season, as the Wasps said when he signed, he's far better there than at LB.

His second spell at alloa he spent majority of it centre mid, not sure if Barry Smith picked up on a strength there or if he couldn't possibly drop Meggatt. Probably a bit of both. Cracking player I agree. One of my favourites at Alloa, leaves nothing on the pitch and seems to be a favourite with fans for on and off he pitch actions wherever he goes.