Sons' sorrow

Just reading Gary Locke's interview and some of the wording he's used is concerning me. The part below he says Vaughan could "come back to us, hit the ground running and be a big player for the end of the season". I hope they don't have a recall clause.imageproxy.php?img=&key=9e759d80ec736539eb895d95ff48513925e949592016730416d4e3a28fa799a7
Screenshot_20170105-172903.png

SD clarified this in the Raith thread, provided that the loan went through yesterday, the minimum term before they can recall is 28 days, which takes you until after the window closes. Even if they do have a recall clause, the SPFL wouldn't allow him to play in the Raith first team again until the summer window opens.

So basically Locke has no idea what he's doing.

Curiously enough I was discussing Stuart Carswell with a Saints-supporting work colleague before Xmas and he actually rated him, although he also admitted that no-one has really emerged with much credit at Paisley over the last eighteen months or so.

If he turns out to be solid and efficient with a bit of dig then that will be quite satisfactory.

If we could get Mark Brown, Pettigrew and big Fraz Wright off the wage bill we should hopefully have room for another few additions. Add to that the chat about Jazza being crippled and McCallum going on loan then we should have plenty of scope to strengthen. There's also a fair chance that Thomson and most definitely Stevo were our two highest earners.

I must admit, minus the departure of Thomson I'm delighted with how things have progressed with the squad this month.

Carswell will be a decent signing for you, I rated him but he took a lot of unwarranted abuse from some of our fans and wanted to leave at the 1st opportunity.

Him and Vaughan are 2 decent signings, I would of taken Vaughan in Paisley, can't believe Raith let him go and brought in Stevenson.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

SD clarified this in the Raith thread, provided that the loan went through yesterday, the minimum term before they can recall is 28 days, which takes you until after the window closes. Even if they do have a recall clause, the SPFL wouldn't allow him to play in the Raith first team again until the summer window opens.

So basically Locke has no idea what he's doing.

Well unless its an Emergency Loan but that wouldnt get you to the end of the season and both clubs said yesterday the loan was "for the rest of the season".

In any event, come what may, no player can change teams after March 31 in any circumstances.

Talk of getting rid of big Fraz. Disgusting. I feel like Ciftci.
Of_LQN.gif

Unfortunately, as much as I love the big man, he's finished as a first team regular.

He had to start all of our league cup group games at the start of the season and looked like he could barely walk after it. Has barely kicked a ball since.

FWIW I'd be more than happy to see him remain as a coach but I fear he'll be on a decent wage that we could be doing with to bring in someone who is able to play.

Talk of getting rid of big Fraz. Disgusting. I feel like Ciftci.
Of_LQN.gif

Fraser Wright is a tough one for me. Last season he was outstanding but this season maybe looks a season too far for him. I've grown attached to him and would hate to see him go but I want us to stay up more than anything and if that means freeing up his wage for someone that will stay fit then I'm regrettably for it.

Problem being Buckys imminent suspension. Fraz has done well for us and not let us down (as far as i (want to) (remember).

Aye, he looks gubbed before he starts, but theres a game intelligence there still.

The only time I've worried about him is when he has had to move wide to cover a full back and gets done for pace.

Harvie has extended his deal until the end of the season, which is great, Fraz is away too.

All the best to the big man. Him and Mark McLaughlin will go down together as two of my favourite centre-backs in recent years. Great entertainment.

Shame to see Fraz go but our budget doesn't cover sentiment and it was obvious he wasn't able to offer much on the playing front for the remainder of the season. It should free up some decent wage for (hopefully) the imminent arrival of a good quality centre half. Big thanks to him for his efforts, been a very positive signing and played his part in keeping us up last season.

Harvie's extended loan is a boost, as is the arrival of Vaughan. Pleased with the business concluded this far and credit to Aitken and his team for that.

Edited by Jordo1872