Sons' sorrow

11 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

That is good news for season ticket holders. However you can't buy a ticket tomorrow (the last home match before the United game) and you can't buy a ticket on the day of the match. So anyone wanting to buy a ticket has to make a specific trip to the ground. And opportunities will be extremely limited due to Christmas holidays. It's almost as if they don't want home fans turning up. United have been selling tickets on their website for several days and we haven't even started. Pathetic.

To be fair they've said they'll post them out but due to the well known post office issues they can't guarantee delivery. Does seem a bit strange that they aren't available to buy at the game today though, we've known about the game since the fixtures came out.

That is good news for season ticket holders. However you can't buy a ticket tomorrow (the last home match before the United game) and you can't buy a ticket on the day of the match. So anyone wanting to buy a ticket has to make a specific trip to the ground. And opportunities will be extremely limited due to Christmas holidays. It's almost as if they don't want home fans turning up. United have been selling tickets on their website for several days and we haven't even started. Pathetic.

Never even read that far, just got clocked that season ticket holders didn't need to exchange vouchers and assumed tickets would be available as of now.

Bizarre stuff.

Never even read that far, just got clocked that season ticket holders didn't need to exchange vouchers and assumed tickets would be available as of now.

Bizarre stuff.

Even more bizarre when you consider that the new year is a time when many people who have left the area are home to see family. There is usually an increased crowd because of this but if tickets can't be bought on the day that is likely to deter the casual supporter. I really would like to hear an explanation from the club

Anyone else have a strange cheery feeling at 5 today?

Great gutsy display from the whole team and subs, the legs and energy of joe and sam made a difference in the middle and big thomson was excellent with several good headers in our box too.

I'd suggest the players are 100% behind aitken.

Roll on next week.

It wasn't pretty but points are all we need. Hopefully the folk who have turned on Aitken can realise that, for want of a better phrase, we're all in this together and the only way out is support and belief, support from the stand and belief from the squad. We're a decent team when we play baw. Buhleev.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It wasn't pretty but points are all we need. Hopefully the folk who have turned on Aitken can realise that, for want of a better phrase, we're all in this together and the only way out is support and belief, support from the stand and belief from the squad. We're a decent team when we play baw. Buhleev.

I would put myself in the Aitken out camp as I don't think results and performances have not been good enough. BUT if they continue to perform like they did to day then I'll be won round. My gut says it won't happen but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by Sons Fan

That's a great result yesterday and the table looks a bit better for us now.
However my worry is that it's Dumbarton under Aitken at its best. We all get fed up, barrage him with criticism and all of a sudden we get a result out the blue! It's a never ending cycle, we will probably lose to Ayr and the doom and gloom will be back for another 6 weeks until we pull another random result out the hat.
Delighted with the 3 points though [emoji2]

That's a great result yesterday and the table looks a bit better for us now.
However my worry is that it's Dumbarton under Aitken at its best. We all get fed up, barrage him with criticism and all of a sudden we get a result out the blue! It's a never ending cycle, we will probably lose to Ayr and the doom and gloom will be back for another 6 weeks until we pull another random result out the hat.
Delighted with the 3 points though [emoji2]

Yesterday was progress, we weren't world beaters but you felt the team were capable of getting at the opposition, probably for the first time this season.

We do look at different team going forward with the ball on the deck.

Feel a bit more positive after yesterday's well deserved result. Thought the players gave their all, however it'll take more than a 1-in-whatever win ratio for me to fall back on the side of Aitken. The Bonnyrigg performances were unacceptable, as have been the tactics deployed for a large part of this season. If Aitken learns anything from that match is that we should afford our opponents less respect than we do. The gap between us and the others isn't as great as he'd let us believe.

Yesterdays win was a welcome boost, particularly with the results going out way elsewhere, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There was still areas of our game that could've been better, most notably our ability, or willingness, to get men forward when we have possession. It's no conincidence the winning goal came from one of the few times we drove at the Falkirk defence. Stanton did well, and Fleming's finish was excellent. We do have players who can open teams up when our tactics allow them to do so. It just doesn't happen often enough.

We need to build on this win or it becomes another one off result sandwiched between too many inept performances. We need consistency. A win at Somerset and maybe I'll start believing Aitken has it in him to keep us in this division.

On a slightly different note; I took my brother-in-law along to the game yesterday, along with his two kids. When he tried to enter via the child and parent gate he was told he needed to go the the season ticket door to buy a parent & child ticket, then return to the turnstile to pay for the additional child. Unnecessary hassle, unprofessional system and not a great first impression of the club's set-up sadly. Wanted to buy a club scar for his son, non available. Add to that the price of over £30 and it's not hard to see why we don't attract many walk up fans. The club really do need to address the overall match day experience.

13 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

Feel a bit more positive after yesterday's well deserved result. Thought the players gave their all, however it'll take more than a 1-in-whatever win ratio for me to fall back on the side of Aitken. The Bonnyrigg performances were unacceptable, as have been the tactics deployed for a large part of this season. If Aitken learns anything from that match is that we should afford our opponents less respect than we do. The gap between us and the others isn't as great as he'd let us believe.

Yesterdays win was a welcome boost, particularly with the results going out way elsewhere, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There was still areas of our game that could've been better, most notably our ability, or willingness, to get men forward when we have possession. It's no conincidence the winning goal came from one of the few times we drove at the Falkirk defence. Stanton did well, and Fleming's finish was excellent. We do have players who can open teams up when our tactics allow them to do so. It just doesn't happen often enough.

We need to build on this win or it becomes another one off result sandwiched between too many inept performances. We need consistency. A win at Somerset and maybe I'll start believing Aitken has it in him to keep us in this division.

On a slightly different note; I took my brother-in-law along to the game yesterday, along with his two kids. When he tried to enter via the child and parent gate he was told he needed to go the the season ticket door to buy a parent & child ticket, then return to the turnstile to pay for the additional child. Unnecessary hassle, unprofessional system and not a great first impression of the club's set-up sadly. Wanted to buy a club scar for his son, non available. Add to that the price of over £30 and it's not hard to see why we don't attract many walk up fans. The club really do need to address the overall match day experience.

It's a shame that those who call the shots at DFC will probably not read this .

1 hour ago, Jordo1872 said:

Where were the CSE when they were needed?

Interesting that Stevie said we might struggle to get Harvie and Joe Thomson till the end of the season. Harvie wouldn't be a massive miss for me but JT would. Hopefully we can keep both or we have more gaps to plug than we think.

Would surprised if either weren't allowed to continue their loans, don't think either will be near their first teams yet.