Sons' sorrow

I've been one of the most patient fans but that is completely Aitken's fault tonight. Taking off our only option up top which was working well enough to move 2 players into different positions and ending up with the same formation and 11 (Joe and Stevo switched) which never worked at all in the first game against Bonnyrigg. Pettigrew is worse than James Creaney too...

I'm sorry but that result is embarrassing! I stuck up for Stevie in the past when he got pelters, I have also been very critical recently but tonight has to be the point of no return. For anyone anywhere to think that is acceptable needs to have a long hard look at themselves. Stevie needs to either go or produce some sort of magic otherwise we are down. Yes we won against QOS but arguably that was because they were worse than us and couldn't finish! St Mirren even beat them tonight which makes it an even worse night for us!
Step aside mr aitken, your time here is finished

Just now, microdave said:

Since the war only Ross County in the 60's and Huntly in 1992 have beaten us as non league clubs!

Excellent. I won't be overreacting to say that this is one of the club's worst results in its history in my report then.

I've not known such unanimous disapproval amongst Sons fans for a manager since the last days of Paul Martin's reign. The first half wasn't great tonight but the second half was absolutely dire. Too many experienced pros looking inferior to their junior opposition. Bonnyrigg looked more determined. We looked as if we hadn't a clue as the second half progressed. Bonnyrigg must have gained confidence when they experienced the respect they were being afforded. Well done to them and fair play, they deserved their win. What now for the good ship Dumbarton? as Gare Clyde might have said.

Can't defend that at all tonight. I think in any other situation Aitken goes for that, but as we all know we don't have a lot of cash. Still, questions must be being asked.

We better hope we get enough points to make 8th because there isn't a chance in hell we're beating lower league opposition in the play-offs. 

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can't defend that at all tonight. I think in any other situation Aitken goes for that, but as we all know we don't have a lot of cash. Still, questions must be being asked.

We better hope we get enough points to make 8th because there isn't a chance in hell we're beating lower league opposition in the play-offs. 

Money shouldn't come in to it. If he has any level of self respect he'd do the honourable thing and walk away. Tonight was the final straw for me. An absolute shambles from start to finish.

Just now, Jordo1872 said:

Money shouldn't come in to it. If he has any level of self respect he'd do the honourable thing and walk away. Tonight was the final straw for me. An absolute shambles from start to finish.

I'm not sure he'll walk, nor do I expect someone to put themselves out of a well paid part time job. But we'll see, I could be wrong.

Lets see Wilson put his money where his mouth is.

Does Wilson need to? How many months does Aitken have left on his contract 5-6? Surely a settlement of a couple of months offered in exchange for a resignation is offered, otherwise he's punted.

Won't be back until aitken is gone, shite, boring, and painful.

(Except home games which iv already paid for..)

Your not the only one I've heard that from tonight, we might ultimately be relegated but some fans have had enough and not come back. I wonder if the board have factored that into their sums.

19 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I blame SO8......
He did call it when he said he was writing for the Lennox tonight.......
Maybe our anger is misdirected emoji12.png

Very true.

The games I've written match reports on make for brutal viewing:

Cowdenbeath 3-0 Dumbarton

Dumbarton 1-2 Hibernian

Alloa 3-0 Dumbarton

Dumbarton 0-3 Ayr United

Dumbarton 0-1 Bonnyrigg Rose

God help us if I ever end up writing match reports full-time for a paper!

Does Wilson need to? How many months does Aitken have left on his contract 5-6? Surely a settlement of a couple of months offered in exchange for a resignation is offered, otherwise he's punted.

Well we apparently can't afford to sack Aitken and he's the one telling us he wants to make us full-time and play at 'the highest level possible'. If that's the case he should stump up to pay him off.

Or get with it and realise he's a deluded fool.