Sons' sorrow

To this very day I am still scarred by us playing Kirkpatrick as a 'false nine' against St Mirren *shudder*

He's a talented player, nae doubt about it, but I think he's the type that needs to be playing in a team who are attacking/winning regularly. For a team like us who look to slog out results at the moment he's not the right fit. I'm glad he's doing well at Alloa though, during 2013/14 when he was playing in that free-scoring Sons' side he was an absolute joy to watch.

That goal from McGinn's cross against the Wasps was one of my all time favourites :wub:

9 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

With the close of the transfer window looming am I right in saying Mark Brown would need to be released prior to that if he wishes to play elsewhere?

No. He could conceivably move somewhere else on loan after the window shuts. He has played for you already this season hasnt he? You can only play for two teams in a season so a loan move would rule out a permanent move in January unless it was to the same team.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Kirkpatrick had plenty of chances to impress with us and minus a very fruitful 4 month spell he never delivered.

Fair play to him for doing well at Alloa but us releasing him was a no brainer.

As impressive as Alloa seem to be in the division below us, I still feel they would struggle with their current squad in our league. Their team is full of players who have recently been deemed not good enough for the Championship. With the exception of one of two who could still play at this level - mainly Taggart :( who I wish more than ever we still had. The one weak point in our line up is at RB.

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No. He could conceivably move somewhere else on loan after the window shuts. He has played for you already this season hasnt he? You can only play for two teams in a season so a loan move would rule out a permanent move in January unless it was to the same team.

Aye, I meant permanently, such is my desire to see him have zero association with ourselves. 

He played in the league cup due to the injury picked up by Jamie Ewings.

I actual feel sorry for Stevie regarding Brown and to a certain extent Stevie Craig. These guys really should have been doing a job for us and I don't think you'd find many Sons fans who were complaining when we signed them. Brown does need punted rapid mind you, that daft tweet really sealed the deal for me, even more so than some of his horrific displays.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

On 27 August 2016 at 13:54, pleslie99 said:

At least your not abandoning him this time to go to the football......... emoji12.pngemoji12.png

Your credibility has just went down the stank. You obviously believe the shite that those two Hibs p***ks made up.

Shame on you. :thumbsdown

22 hours ago, Pachyderm I said:

lol. how did you know that..?

d0K59Qk.png

Reveal hidden contents

chattanooga

You're from Tennessee. Chattanooga is in Tennessee. East Ridge is 8 miles away.

Google maps is my friend!  :thumsup2

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

£15 for the Stranraer game on Saturday. £15 :lol:

Any Sons fans heading along to it? I'd suggest stopping in at the Priory on your way.

:lol: £15 for a friendly

Not even I'm going to this, and I hope that causes Neil Doncaster to weep into his pillow on Saturday evening. Farce of a competition and I hope we treat it as nothing more than a kick around.

2-4-4, Mark Brown in goals, Stevie Aitken and Faz up top, Stevie Ross brought back on a one game contract for the bench.

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

Still think my idea of signing up all us P&B loyal posters for this one off game would be the best idea

I'm all for it. I'll occupy the David Smith role of never doing any defensive work, we can have S08 in the Grant Gallagher role with fitba's nastiest fan BBPF in there next to him. Formidable. Sweet Pete's the big, ugly target man alongside Kenny Wilsons Moustache (obviously). Where you fancy playing, pleslie?

I'm all for it. I'll occupy the David Smith role of never doing any defensive work, we can have S08 in the Grant Gallagher role with fitba's nastiest fan BBPF in there next to him. Formidable. Sweet Pete's the big, ugly target man alongside Kenny Wilsons Moustache (obviously). Where you fancy playing, pleslie?

I'll mark Aggy out of the game by forcing him to use his right foot and leave BBPF to deal with Willie Gibson.

Any volunteers to mark Nadè?

I'll mark Nade, I'll just tickle that big handsome man and run away! He'll never catch me! God help me if he did!!

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It'd be funny if we got fulla speed aswell