Sons' sorrow

8 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So how is Robert Thomson doing for Dumbarton we are certainly missing him at the Glebe:(

I think if he improves his finishing he could play at a higher level than us. Causing all sorts of problems up front and he has an excellent touch. He'll be really important for us this year.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I think if he improves his finishing he could play at a higher level than us. Causing all sorts of problems up front and he has an excellent touch. He'll be really important for us this year.

Good to hear he was quite a handful for all defenses in 1st Division last year and one of the main reasons that we survived, a really good player who will score goals for you 

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So how is Robert Thomson doing for Dumbarton we are certainly missing him at the Glebe:(

As The Moonster says if he improved his finishing I reckon he'd be at a bigger club than ourselves. He doesn't shirk a challenge, puts himself about a fair bit and has a stunning first touch. If he could add a more clinical edge to his finishing I reckon he'd hit 15+ this season. Even without that however I reckon he'll get a decent number this season. All 3 Championship defences he's faced so far haven't been quite sure of how to deal with him, and the more him and Stevo play together the more I can see a partnership forming between the two of them.

He looks to be enjoying himself too, he's got a cracking attitude on the pitch and seems to be the centre of the pre-game bantz which is nice to see. I wasn't sure how we'd replace Christian Nade, but credit to Stevie (and presumably Stuart Millar, our scout) because they look to unearthed a real gem.

It's also great to have a natural striker for once! Last season we were heavily reliant on Garry Fleming up top and I don't think being a lone striker - particularly as a targetman - suits him. He'll have a tough task getting back into the team when he's fit I reckon, and that says a lot about Thomson as Gaz has been one of the first names on the teamsheet since we were promoted.

Its good to see that the club will open late to allow fans to pick up their Hibs tickets. Getting to the ground to swap season ticket vouchers isnt the easiest of things when you work during office hours. Anything that makes it easier for fans has to be welcomed. It's maybe a small thing, but it shows a bit of thought for fan convenience.

20 minutes ago, Pachyderm I said:

away to falkirk... any of you lot able to go? and how far away is it?

It's five times the distance from East Ridge to Chatanooga.

(41 miles)

ETA I can't go today as Thirdrock Jnr and I will be partaking in much alcohol and going to see Biffy Clyro in Glasgow.

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

It's five times the distance from East Ridge to Chatanooga.

(41 miles)

ETA I can't go today as Thirdrock Jnr and I will be partaking in much alcohol and going to see Biffy Clyro in Glasgow.

At least your not abandoning him this time to go to the football......... [emoji12][emoji12]