Sons' sorrow

Not wanting to take the focus away fro the transfer speculation but having read this earlier I thought it would be worth sharing.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14523181.Revealed__the_offshore_firms_buying_up_Scottish_football/

"Paul Goodwin of the Scottish Supporters Association said: “Dumbarton is the club that is giving us the most concern, given that a vast shareholding is unclear. It is back to that transparency thing. How can the punters who go along every week understand what is going on? If something is offshore, we have to ask "why?"."

Basically the article raises concerns over the ownership of Scottish football club by anonymous offshore companies. This isn't exactly new and we'll all be familiar with the concerns raised by fans of our club in the past. Interesting however that it's now being picked up by the national press.

Alan Jardine continues to peddle the 'saved the club' line without giving any further detail as to why this may have been the case. The setup doesn't portray the club in a great light to be honest.

Massive gamble if he does sign. The reason McCall hasn't given him a contract is because he had to prove himself in pre season (fitness) because after 10 minutes in every game this year he has been done

He will take a large chunk of the wage budget too, could pay off, cold blow up in his face.

If he signs of course.

Massive gamble if he does sign. The reason McCall hasn't given him a contract is because he had to prove himself in pre season (fitness) because after 10 minutes in every game this year he has been done

He will take a large chunk of the wage budget too, could pay off, cold blow up in his face.

If he signs of course.

The one thing that's giving me hope is the work Stevie did with Willie Gibson at Stranraer. He's a similar player to Stevenson - plenty of ability, hampered by being unfit and with a suspect attitude - and got him into the form of his career with them. I guess signing him from English 8th tier football or wherever he was playing looked like a pretty big gamble, but it was one that paid off.

If Stevie has one major positive trait it's that he can get players playing for him, and can get the best out of them.

I must admit, I'm not totally convinced. One of my mates who's an Ayr fan spent the whole of last season grumbling about how bad Stevenson was, so it'll be a potentially risky one. If he can get him playing though, then he could provide that we bit of extra quality at crucial times in the season.

It might not happen still...but I think it's only a matter of time now.

Stevie wont blow a massive chunk of budget on someone who's unfit. He's also managed to get Darren Barr and Stevie Saunders playing all season with minimal injury set backs. Both players were on short term deals until they proved they were fit.

If there's one thing you can say about our team it's that we have great fitness levels from front to back. I'd be confident Stevie could get him fit, like he has with numerous other.

If there's one thing you can say about our team it's that we have great fitness levels from front to back. I'd be confident Stevie could get him fit, like he has with numerous other.

Agree completely. Considering the amount of ball chasing done in games last term, the fitness levels were admirable.

Ryan Stevenson has, or certainly had, undoubted ability and as has been suggested, is in the 'Willie Gibson' bracket, but I'm not sure he's what we're looking for.

Even if he still has the skills that pay the bills, does he have the fitness? There's serious question marks over that as the Ayr fans have mentioned, and I'm not sure that's the sort of risk we should be looking to take.

Maybe we should go and sign Mark Gilhaney again, then you know what sort of shite you are getting on the park.

The above is of course with regards to the Unknown a player like Stevenson will bring!!

Ryan Stevenson has, or certainly had, undoubted ability and as has been suggested, is in the 'Willie Gibson' bracket, but I'm not sure he's what we're looking for.

Even if he still has the skills that pay the bills, does he have the fitness? There's serious question marks over that as the Ayr fans have mentioned, and I'm not sure that's the sort of risk we should be looking to take.

The thing that's making me not as opposed to this signing as I first was, is just that. He does have ability. We had a team last year of grafters with limited ability to change a game. Stevenson might be hugely frustrating, but that potential to do something out of the ordinary is what we badly lacked last season.

If we can get him fit - and if anyone can then it's Aitken and co - then he might just do alright.

A player could be potentially poor at several clubs, yet shine like a diamond in a goat's ass, at another, flannery probably one of the top of my head, ok at ton, legend at ourselves, poor at stenny,

Stevenson will be given time I'm sure by the majority of fans, to thrill,

A player could be potentially poor at several clubs, yet shine like a diamond in a goat's ass, at another, flannery probably one of the top of my head, ok at ton, legend at ourselves, poor at stenny,

Stevenson will be given time I'm sure by the majority of fans, to thrill,

You can go back much further. Kenny Wilson only really had significant success at Dumbarton, as did Kenny Ashwood. Hugh Ward is another that springs to mind. However I would hope if Stevenson is to sign it would be on a 'prove your fitness' basis.

Yip let's assume stevie is taking stock after holiday and is waiting till remaining offers decide before moving bearing in mind 4 are regular defenders from last season.

Their signings or not will direct any further additions