Sons' sorrow

I think McHattie's left foot (which is excellent) covers some pretty glaring weaknesses in his game. Always felt we could get change out of him defensively and he often got caught out of position when he got himself forward.

Maybe just not quite the standard required in the top flight, but certainly not a given that he'll succeed at Dumbarton IMO.

Sorry lads, I must have been living under a rock. I thought he was quite good.

He only played 5 games for us in the 3rd Division 4 & a half years ago. Solid enough but you'd be worried if he didn't slot into a winning team with no fuss. Wasn't really tested so hard to say how good he was based on that ultra short loan spell.

I liked sparky left mid at Alloa. Had the engine for it. But certainly can do the work for more creative players in the centre within a well balanced midfield.

There are two groupings for the League Cup, north and south. One team from the south has to join the north group to even up the numbers. Guess who it is.......

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/new-league-cup-format-could-see-glasgow-and-dundee-derbies-1-4138337?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

There are two groupings for the League Cup, north and south. One team from the south has to join the north group to even up the numbers. Guess who it is.......

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/new-league-cup-format-could-see-glasgow-and-dundee-derbies-1-4138337?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Great. Meaningless midweek trips to Brora are what the Sectional League Cup is all about.

What a fuckin farce that is.

Extra costs involved for travel and a massive disadvantage if we have a midweek away game.

Hopefully the club bitch and moan like f**k about it.

how the hell did they come up with that one, Morton, st mirren south, Dumbarton north?

Crazy. Absolutely crazy. Give the part time team the longest to travel and remove any chance of a decent travelling support visiting a home game.  Farcical. 

You are now officially teuchters.

Seriously tho',  it is a strange decision and you have every right to feel angry. Couldn't they have used the same geographical positions that they base the Challenge "Petrofac" Cup on? Obviously there are Premiership teams in the League Cup which may make the numbers in the geographical groups a bit difficult to sort out but this decision does seem a bit odd. The "seeding" format has obviously worked against you also.

Crazy. Absolutely crazy. Give the part time team the longest to travel and remove any chance of a decent travelling support visiting a home game.  Farcical. 

Mental as it sounds as our support is generally poor, you'll get a decent turn out from St Johnstone. I can't remember the last time we played Dumbarton, never mind at the Rock... supposing we get you guys away that is.

I see big Fraz has signed a new contract with you guys :D

Edited by Kyle

That's a decent way to start the day, he was a bit shaky towards the end of the season but was immense for most of it. Be good to see the lovefest when we draw St Johnstone in the Sectional League Cup as well.

Jamie Ewings

????? Frazer Wright ????? ??????

????? ????? ????? Andy Stirling

????? Robert Thomson

That would be a blow. I'd imagine they'll have to offer him decent f/t money as he's got a decent job outside football I think.

He's a left back/left mid isn't he? I know Rae is after a left back, as well as players that can cover multiple positions, so wonder if we might be interested. Always looked solid whenever I've seen him.

He's a left back/left mid isn't he? I know Rae is after a left back, as well as players that can cover multiple positions, so wonder if we might be interested. Always looked solid whenever I've seen him.

Aye he is. Was with you lot as a youth team player I think, played once as a sub under Gus iirc.

He is solid, and can put in a great cross, but if your aspirations lie further than staying up/mid-table I'm not sure he's the sort of signing that would really show this.

He's a smashing guy though, and has some great bantz on Twitter, so I'd be pleased for him if he got a move to you lot. He's 28 I think though, so it's not like he's one for the future or anything.