Sons' sorrow

Frank Mckeown is leaving Morton. Was captain for Stranraer under Aitken I think.

Could see him being of use to us.

He's PT as far as I know as he has a good job in the Fire Service and I think his deal with Morton was similar to Aggy's at St. Mirren, to see how it worked out. So if he is leaving Morton, we could be a decent proposition if he is looking to go back PT.

That's what Scottish football needs. I did enjoy Frazer Wright and David Clarkson both 'sprinting' for a ball that rolled out of play on Saturday. I mean I could have jogged down from the stand and caught it but they couldn't out 'sprint' each other :lol:

Edit: Ross Clark, aye. I spoke to him on Twitter a few years ago and he said he'd retired. What a player, 14 goals from a deep lying midfield role.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching your boy Frazer Wright from earlier in the season, involved in a foot-race with Raith's, Jon Daly. Species have involved in less time than it took them to cover approximately 30 yards at top-speed.

Frank Mckeown is leaving Morton. Was captain for Stranraer under Aitken I think.

Decent player, but I'm not sure if he's up to this level to be honest. I'd imagine we'll be at the front of the queue to sign him

I thoroughly enjoyed watching your boy Frazer Wright from earlier in the season, involved in a foot-race with Raith's, Jon Daly. Species have involved in less time than it took them to cover approximately 30 yards at top-speed.

:lol:

Could see him being of use to us.

He's PT as far as I know as he has a good job in the Fire Service and I think his deal with Morton was similar to Aggy's at St. Mirren, to see how it worked out. So if he is leaving Morton, we could be a decent proposition if he is looking to go back PT.

Decent player, but I'm not sure if he's up to this level to be honest. I'd imagine we'll be at the front of the queue to sign him

:lol:

Has he recovered from the serious injury he sustained, and has he even played this season for Morton? I suppose we could always put him in a glass display case along with our vast collection of centre backs that Stevie has accumulated.

Has he recovered from the serious injury he sustained, and has he even played this season for Morton? I suppose we could always put him in a glass display case along with our vast collection of centre backs that Stevie has accumulated.

Never enough centre backs, that's where we've went wrong. Get Frank signed up just now and we can play with the following formation next season:

Gk

Saunders, Buchanan, Wright, McKeown

Barr

Taggart, Another CB, Gallagher*, Waters

Nade

Maybe that way we can turn some of the 3/4-0 drubbings into 2-0.

*contractually obliged

I see from this morning's Herald that Sons fan and former club director, Billy Walker has just sold his Benriach Distillery Company. .........for £95 million.

St Mirren are considering a move for former Hearts and Hamilton striker Christian Nade, who has netted seven goals since joining Championship rivals Dumbarton in January. (Sun)

From yon BBC gossip page.

Right Billy...You know what needs done. I doubt it'll hurt that £95m too much.

I see from this morning's Herald that Sons fan and former club director, Billy Walker has just sold his Benriach Distillery Company. .........for £95 million.

Somebody give him a ring and ask if he fancies helping us do a Gretna.

St Mirren are considering a move for former Hearts and Hamilton striker Christian Nade, who has netted seven goals since joining Championship rivals Dumbarton in January. (Sun)

From yon BBC gossip page.

I'm hoping that we can tempt Nade to stay as it would allow him a lot more time to concentrate on his business away from football. He seems happy enough here but he has seemed happy at most of the club's he has played for.

Failing that, we could always persuade him with beer wine and hookers at Moonsters on Sunday night after the awards bash?

Edited by squeezeboxson

I tend to agree with both you and Cedrick. Yes the players above were good for us, but in the current Alloa squad you'd be lucky to find 1 decent player I reckon. Cawley was one of their best mind... on the other hand Sparky was a decent player but wasn't rated as one of their best - yet he has been a pretty important player for us this season. Out of the 2 I know who I'd keep and who I really hope we don't.

Cawley wasn't as effective at this level as he was in the lower leagues but he was still a good player for us. It would seem that he hasn't managed to find a role at Dumbarton where you can get the best out of him. That's unfortunate because the talent and work rate is there.

Sparky was very popular at Alloa and he grew as a player over his two spells. Very effective player (I always felt a better midfielder than LB) and a big character. We lost more skillful players last summer but the departure of Docherty left a big hole, I think.

Cawley wasn't as effective at this level as he was in the lower leagues but he was still a good player for us. It would seem that he hasn't managed to find a role at Dumbarton where you can get the best out of him. That's unfortunate because the talent and work rate is there.

Sparky was very popular at Alloa and he grew as a player over his two spells. Very effective player (I always felt a better midfielder than LB) and a big character. We lost more skillful players last summer but the departure of Docherty left a big hole, I think.

Believe it or not I think the biggest issue most people have with Cawley is his work rate. I just don't think he tries hard enough most of the time. As soon as he gets the ball you just know he is going to give it away. Far too lightweight and slow on the ball...

I'm hoping that we can tempt Nade to stay as it would allow him a lot more time to concentrate on his business away from football. He seems happy enough here but he has seemed happy at most of the club's he has played for.

Failing that, we could always persuade him with beer wine and hookers at Moonsters on Sunday night after the awards bash?

The big man doesn't drink I hear, so we'll need a hell of a lot of hookers.

And never mind our ability to get managers sacked, today is the anniversary of Third Lanark's last ever game, which was against us.

We won 5-1 8) . They folded.

If we're not beating teams who then sack their manager we're beating teams who just chuck it all together.

Top boys.

Part time might help nade in his twilight years, his injury record could improve,

I'd agree that I'd prefer to see sparky at left mid, great delivery, but slow at left back, gets sucked in too often, as does Saunders, (possibly Stevie's tactics),

Cawley is a player most sons fans want to do well, I don't think it's been his work rate that lets him down, it's ball retention, he seems to be treating the ball like a hot tottie. He needs to relax, and start enjoying his football again.