Sons' sorrow

I noticed Walsh took corners with his left foot from one side and his right from the other. Does anyone know what one is his stronger foot?

According to the oracle that is Fifa. He's left-footed, judging by the comment on this though it does seem he is completely two-footed.

http://sofifa.com/player/219606?v=15&e=158116

Edit: Actually, aye, Pete's idea's better than my dull stats page.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Considering Cooper only had 1 foot, that's no great compliment.

Maybe I misheard it and he said someone else but I'm sure it was Cooper :lol:

FWIW I'm far too young to have known if the likes of Davie Cooper was a two footed maestro. I'm from the old firm era of Regi Blinker, Gabriel Amato and Paolo Vanoli.

I see Mitch Megginson looks set to join Alloa. I wouldn't have been against bringing him back and sticking him up front.

I wouldn't be averse to that either, but he'll go to Alloa to work under Jacko. He scored more goals in that season under Murray than he has in his entire career elsewhere. With the correct manager - which Jack Ross is - he showed what an excellent player he could be. He is a confidence player, no doubt about it, hence why things didn't go well under Murray and Spalding where he was asked to play in unfamiliar positions.

He'll be an excellent signing for Alloa, and he'll score a decent number of goals there. The longer we go on without further additions upfront, the more I begin to worry that he could cause us some damage. Like us Alloa have shored up their defence in recent weeks, but still haven't been scoring enough, he may well give them that extra edge that we are currently lacking.

I know I rated him higher than quite a few people though, so perhaps my vision is skewd and his great season with us was a fluke. But something about him and Ross teaming up again is giving me the fear.

I wouldn't be averse to that either, but he'll go to Alloa to work under Jacko. He scored more goals in that season under Murray than he has in his entire career elsewhere. With the correct manager - which Jack Ross is - he showed what an excellent player he could be. He is a confidence player, no doubt about it, hence why things didn't go well under Murray and Spalding where he was asked to play in unfamiliar positions.

He'll be an excellent signing for Alloa, and he'll score a decent number of goals there. The longer we go on without further additions upfront, the more I begin to worry that he could cause us some damage. Like us Alloa have shored up their defence in recent weeks, but still haven't been scoring enough, he may well give them that extra edge that we are currently lacking.

I know I rated him higher than quite a few people though, so perhaps my vision is skewd and his great season with us was a fluke. But something about him and Ross teaming up again is giving me the fear.

I'm totally relaxed about Megginson signing for Alloa, and I don't wear this positional stuff, as I never fully understood what WAS his position. He flits in and out of games and was almost totally peripheral last season.

What gives me the fear is limping out of the window with only Fleming as a striker, that would be a high risk strategy. But I'm not filled with confidence that we can easily alter that situation either.

I'm totally relaxed about Megginson signing for Alloa, and I don't wear this positional stuff, as I never fully understood what WAS his position. He flits in and out of games and was almost totally peripheral last season.

What gives me the fear is limping out of the window with only Fleming as a striker, that would be a high risk strategy. But I'm not filled with confidence that we can easily alter that situation either.

^^^ this.

I said it another thread that throughout his career he's only really had one good season. That season was a bit of a one off where everything just seemed to click. As Ross was only assistant at the time we can't be sure how much influence he actually had over Mitch's success, I think everything just suited his game that season.

He may well turn out to be a good signing but time will tell. I'm far more concerned about what strikers are available for us to bring in. I'm sure Stevie and the club are doing everything to find a striker but if there's no one out there then we could be looking at jersey fillers and a huge dependance on Fleming up there himself.

Edited to add: anyone know who the trialist striker was playing for the development squad the other night? The Twitter simply referred to him as 'trialist'.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

I feel that we have been very slow moving to get players in. It's annoying that rather than getting any news right at the start of the month, it's either going to be at the end or not at all.(apart from Walsh)

Lack of news reports doesn't necessarily imply inaction from the coaching staff. Don't be so quick to criticise.