Sons' sorrow

I see the Renton Road is shut today due to flooding...

It was open again tonight as I went to work.

Stoneymollan Roundabout at Balloch was worse this morning than I have ever seen in my lifetime. If it had been in a Theme Park in Florida, I'd have been snapping away on a camera.

Castlegreen Street was under water Wednesday morning, but was ok again by 11am

The town centre , next to the Leven was under two feet of water and so was Balloch train station

Forcast is for rain Thursday turning heavy in the evening, no rain Friday but rain Saturday am

no looking good!!

I see the Renton Road is shut today due to flooding...

And the 1 in 200 year flood event seems to have gone against predictions and has flooded the area intended for our money-spinning 3g parks.

Still, the planners say theres only a 1 in 200 year flood risk. So they'll be right then.

In good news, east end park is nearly done. Just looks like lining and posts left when i waded by it yesterday.

Doea anyone know if we're still involved in this? I remember talk of us pushing this pitch relay through in order to have local training facilities of sorts but it seems nothing else was ever mentioned.

Doea anyone know if we're still involved in this? I remember talk of us pushing this pitch relay through in order to have local training facilities of sorts but it seems nothing else was ever mentioned.

I remember it being spoke about but I haven't heard anything to suggest that the new pitch will be used by our first team for training.

With the majority of our players being based around the Glasgow area I'm not sure we'll see local training facilities being utilised by us.

Would be interesting to know how much we spend on training facilities. I'd imagine we have some sort of deal in place with Benburb for the use of their pitch. What's the going rate for hiring out a full size pitch? Hiring a 7's pitch doesn't tend to be all that expensive but I have nae idea what the likes of Benburb would be charging for a couple of hours use twice a week.

I remember it being spoke about but I haven't heard anything to suggest that the new pitch will be used by our first team for training.

With the majority of our players being based around the Glasgow area I'm not sure we'll see local training facilities being utilised by us.

Would be interesting to know how much we spend on training facilities. I'd imagine we have some sort of deal in place with Benburb for the use of their pitch. What's the going rate for hiring out a full size pitch? Hiring a 7's pitch doesn't tend to be all that expensive but I have nae idea what the likes of Benburb would be charging for a couple of hours use twice a week.

Full size pitches vary. I used to hire out the vale academy which was a very reasonable £65 (few years ago now tho) for a 2 hour let. The team I play with now pay upwards of £120, for a 2 hour let, for the Glasgow club pitches around the city depending on venue, 1 of these includes petershill. Although with benburb being private and not ran by Glasgow club I'm sure they charge what they want and prob a few quid more.

Right everyone, in case you don't follow me on Twitter, I've written an absolute mammoth Sons Review of 2015. I've taken the ten matches I think have been the most memorable/important (5 from Murray's reign, 5 from Aitken's) Written a wee report for each, stuck in some stats and some analysis and even linked a gif of a very crucial moment.

Have a wee look now, save it for later, save it for tomorrow, but I've spent yonks on it. Reminisce about Chris Duggan, Darren Petrie, Archie Campbell and a few others here -clicky

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Right everyone, in case you don't follow me on Twitter, I've written an absolute mammoth Sons Review of 2015. I've taken the ten matches I think have been the most memorable/important (5 from Murray's reign, 5 from Aitken's) Written a wee report for each, stuck in some stats and some analysis and even linked a gif of a very crucial moment.

Have a wee look now, save it for later, save it for tomorrow, but I've spent yonks on it. Reminisce about Chris Duggan, Darren Petrie, Archie Campbell and a few others here -clicky

Read down to the end of the Murray era, bookmarked the rest for later. Well written and enjoyed it all so far. Just noticed a typo on the first Aitken match, you have it down as 3-2 to Morton. Cheers.

Good effort there.

Nice graphics too.

Read down to the end of the Murray era, bookmarked the rest for later. Well written and enjoyed it all so far. Just noticed a typo on the first Aitken match, you have it down as 3-2 to Morton. Cheers.

Excellent read, enjoyed that a lot. We really were shite under Murray last year. Another pedantic point about that Morton game though, you have Taggart heading in his own cross in the description of the first goal.

Good effort there.

Nice graphics too.

Cheers guys, and thanks for pointing out the wee mistakes. There's only so many times you can proof read that many words before you start to gloss over it :lol:

Edit: Didn't proof read my own 29 word post

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Excellent read, enjoyed that a lot. We really were shite under Murray last year. Another pedantic point about that Morton game though, you have Taggart heading in his own cross in the description of the first goal.

Was it not Findlay that crossed the ball in for Taggart in that game?

Was it not Findlay that crossed the ball in for Taggart in that game?

Stuart Findlay? I'm no' sure if I'm getting my wires muddled up here, but the game The Moonster was referring to was the 2-3 game in July I think when Findlay wasn't with us.

If you're talking about the Falkirk game in January (3-3) where Taggs scored, then it may well have been, but I couldn't remember and don't have notes from it so I had to check the SPFL stats who give Mitch the assist.

Anyway, seen as you're here BigMac, Darren Barr might not be fit for Saturday:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dumbarton-hoping-boost-ahead-rangers-7098264

Taggart in at right-back (assuming he's ready) and Saunders to centre-half would do me just fine.