Sons' sorrow

Nah I guessed but assume he will go??? Only looked at who will stay. Stephen Craig ?? Go. Smith back or loan ?? Go.

It was reported in the local press (Reporter I think) last week or the week before, that he was away.

Aye, I'm sure I read that he was still living up north and training with County during the week. Best for both parties if he leaves and gets regular game time in the HFL. Decent money too.

TBH if Barr was to leave us I wouldn't be too unhappy. Always feel one on one he'll come out second best and he usually does. Buchanan can come back in and I'd happily see Wright taking the captains arm band. Probably be a better leader too.

If you'd like to compare buchanan and barr have a look at the goals conceded column since bucht was dropped. No contest.

If we dont replace barr, saunders and lindsay with similar quality we re pumped. Simple as. Waters, brown and brophy were good squad options and they also need replaced.

If you'd like to compare buchanan and barr have a look at the goals conceded column since bucht was dropped. No contest.

If we dont replace barr, saunders and lindsay with similar quality we re pumped. Simple as. Waters, brown and brophy were good squad options and they also need replaced.

I think Waters is here until the end of the season, may well be wrong though.

He is indeed.

Although from what I've heard Celtic aren't overly delighted with his lack of games and may call him back.

Meh. He's not the greatest defender, but I like him going forward, he's a wonderful crosser of the ball, quick and good with it at his feet. I'd like to see him maybe get a run of games on the wing. I'd be a wee bit disappointed to see him go.

No idea quite what Brown brings to the team, and statistically we are woeful with him in it, but he's been decent enough. Wouldn't be too bothered if we lost him as long as we can bring in another player for backup.

1971 was the last time there was a full fixture list on Xmas Day although the last actual game on Xmas Day wad 4 years later in 1975. There is a feature on this on the SPFL website.

'76 surely. Clydebank v St Mirren and loads of trouble as far as I can remember

TBH if Barr was to leave us I wouldn't be too unhappy. Always feel one on one he'll come out second best and he usually does. Buchanan can come back in and I'd happily see Wright taking the captains arm band. Probably be a better leader too.

Couldn't agree more.

In an idle moment or two.

A retrospective digest for the festive season......

Sons have had 18 managers since 1986. Average tenure in the job has been 20 months and three weeks. Longest tenure in that time was Billy Lamont in his second spell who stayed in the job for approximately 38 months. Shortest were Mark Clougherty, Bertie Auld and David Winnie each with approximately 9 months in charge.

Five have left to take another job, one resigned, one took another position at the club and ten were dismissed. None reached the end of their contract.

Of those sacked only Paul Martin reappeared in another management position in Scottish senior football although Gerry McCabe has continued in coaching and assistant roles. Jim Chapman is the only former manager currently in charge of an SPFL club.

In an idle moment or two.

A retrospective digest for the festive season......

Sons have had 18 managers since 1986. Average tenure in the job has been 20 months and three weeks. Longest tenure in that time was Billy Lamont in his second spell who stayed in the job for approximately 38 months. Shortest were Mark Clougherty, Bertie Auld and David Winnie each with approximately 9 months in charge.

Five have left to take another job, one resigned, one took another position at the club and ten were dismissed. None reached the end of their contract.

Of those sacked only Paul Martin reappeared in another management position in Scottish senior football although Gerry McCabe has continued in coaching and assistant roles. Jim Chapman is the only former manager currently in charge of an SPFL club.

Was Derek Whiteford not manager for a few days heading into a season, and likewise John Brown who was boss for about twenty minutes before changing his mind (thank God) ?

Was Derek Whiteford not manager for a few days heading into a season, and likewise John Brown who was boss for about twenty minutes before changing his mind (thank God) ?

My starting point was directly after Whiteford. I didn't include Brown because he never even got to the introductory press conference.

Tough choice for (dual) player of the month.

I opted for big Wright but Jamie Lindsay was a very close 2nd. Just feel the big man has done superb with such a busy schedule and our defensive record has been highly impressive.

McCallum deserves a mention as well, made a good impact since coming through. I have a feeling he will get it.