Sons' sorrow

We had a pre season thread? What's up with using that?

Was that the one about the sons re-shaping or something ? Probably best left alone. Some of these smartasses would be posting images of pears.

But I agree that the son's sorrow is a bit melodramatic. I thought the team bus had crashed into the rock :(

Was that the one about the sons re-shaping or something ? Probably best left alone. Some of these smartasses would be posting images of pears.

But I agree that the son's sorrow is a bit melodramatic. I thought the team bus had crashed into the rock :(

you meant bottle crashed at the rock!!

There still here ..that's the problem ..2nd division players in the 1st. Although we also had Tony Wallace, Craig Dargo, Kevin Nichol and Ryan Finnie who all contributed to that bitchslapping. None of which we have this season (although Nichol is due back from injury)

Dumbarton are a Second Division club having a one year stint in the First Division. Not many fans expected promotion last year so when they did, I'm sure they knew this type of season was going to occur. They are a small club who don't have a huge fan base, making it difficult to spend money on players to improve their squad because the income they are receiving just isn't enough. They'll be a club who will yo-yo between the First and Second for the foreseeable future, but for now, they have to dig in deep and endure a long second half of the season.

Dumbarton are a Second Division club having a one year stint in the First Division. Not many fans expected promotion last year so when they did, I'm sure they knew this type of season was going to occur. They are a small club who don't have a huge fan base,

making it difficult to spend money on players to improve their squad because the income they are receiving just isn't enough. They'll be

a club who will yo-yo between the First and

Second for the foreseeable future, but for

now, they have to dig in deep and endure a

long second half of the season.

Mystic Meg must be eating her heart out having read this.

Dumbarton are a Second Division club having a one year stint in the First Division. Not many fans expected promotion last year so when they did, I'm sure they knew this type of season was going to occur. They are a small club who don't have a huge fan base, making it difficult to spend money on players to improve their squad because the income they are receiving just isn't enough. They'll be a club who will yo-yo between the First and Second for the foreseeable future, but for now, they have to dig in deep and endure a long second half of the season.

With the whole Rangers saga it has left us with three fully part time sides in the first division. Theres absolutely no reason why we shouldnt be competing with them, especially Airdrie. If Dundee had still been here I'd be inclined to accept relegation before a ball was kicked but certainly not now. This is probably our best chance ever of making a go of staying up.

I dont buy all the 'poor us' & 'part time team in a full time league' patter. We should be doing far better and hopefully Murray and his scientist can kick start things a bit. It certainly cant get any worse!

There still here ..that's the problem ..2nd division players in the 1st. Although we also had Tony Wallace, Craig Dargo, Kevin Nichol and Ryan Finnie who all contributed to that bitchslapping. None of which we have this season (although Nichol is due back from injury)

You're not getting Tony back, he's one of our best reserve players. Hopefully one for the future.

Rubbish thread name but since it seems we're all posting here then why not :)

I agree with BBPF we should be doing alot better than our current situation, some players seem to have lost the ability to play football. If we were tight and well drilled with keeping the ball we could have frustrated some teams more instead we have reverted to bending over and parting our cheaks. The Morton game still sticks in my mind. It was like a training game.

The stats and history buffs can correct me if I'm wrong but did we not get a sports scientist in the year we got promoted from the 3rd? He seemed to help change things round so why not give it a go.