January Transfers

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonights Tully suggests Championship striker is not Jason Scotland. The story says the player is at Dens now on trial and then goes on to reference Scotland says he will give that one thought later in the week. Also says the deal for Harkins (who is currently in Siberia haha) is 'very much alive'.

Tonights Tully suggests Championship striker is not Jason Scotland. The story says the player is at Dens now on trial and then goes on to reference Scotland says he will give that one thought later in the week. Also says the deal for Harkins (who is currently in Siberia haha) is 'very much alive'.

Really ?! blink.gif

WTF is he doing there ?

LOL he's been tweeting that he is in Siberia. Tongue in cheek for being frozen out at Killie I suspect.

Modelling his facial hair.

lol....thought it would be something like that! (wooshed!)

what can I say......I've been on the Shetlands since October and you start to lose your mind ! wacko.gif

Interesting related news regarding a possible return of Dummett to St Mirren, Newcastle are finalising a deal on a LB. (source)

On the flip side of this, I had a quick look at his Twitter and he's changed (within the last week or so) his picture from a St Mirren shirt to a Newcastle one and removed the "on loan to St Mirren" bit in his info, although kept "Glasgow" as part of his location. Make of that what you will.

If this is correct my guess would be Chris Maguire at Sheffield Wednesday. He isn't getting many games there at the moment.

On the flip side of this, I had a quick look at this Twitter and he's changed (within the last week or so) his picture from a St Mirren shirt to a Newcastle one and removed the "on loan to St Mirren" bit in his info, although kept "Glasgow" as part of his location. Make of that what you will.

His main pic is still St. Mirren but his background is Newcastle. Saints are gonna be in serious trouble if they don't get him back before the semi-final.

His main pic is still St. Mirren but his background is Newcastle.

True.

Saints are gonna be in serious trouble if they don't get him back before the semi-final.

In more serious trouble than...

I would love to think that St Mirren will give Celtic a good game, but I'm just hoping if it's a defeat it's not too heavy. The array of resources Celtic have in comparison to us is ridiculous, and they have been adding to them during the window. You could perhaps draw a comparison to Bradford/Villa, but even then I feel it's more of a David/Goliath than those two.

The only real positive for us is that McGowan and Carey are our players and not loaned out (meaning they couldn't play in the cup). Carey will likely play LB, btw.

FTA: "The 26-year-old is understood to have been approached to make a summer move to the SPL, with both Hibs and Motherwell tabling offers, which they can do as Scotland is classed as a foreign league."

Er, am I missing something here. Is there a reason he could agree a PCA up here yet not down South?

Even though we pay more in wages?

I'd think Motherwell could match or beat you for a first-team player. They have very few players on decent wages whereas you have quite with the likes of Kuqi, Kujabi, Glabraith etc. Plus they've earned a decent amount of money for Murphy, Europe and SPL prize-money in the past year.

FTA: "The 26-year-old is understood to have been approached to make a summer move to the SPL, with both Hibs and Motherwell tabling offers, which they can do as Scotland is classed as a foreign league."

Er, am I missing something here. Is there a reason he could agree a PCA up here yet not down South?

When I'm in charge of an English team in Football Manager I can't offer anyone at English sides a pre-contract until about May. It's in FM so it must be the same in real life.

Archived