Depression

This is hard for me.
I’m not drinking, I’m not on any meds, but, for some reason, I’ve never felt so utterly lonely and lost and alone as I do tonight.
I genuinely have no one here to talk to, or to call or anything. It’s the 4th of July tomorrow and everyone else in my family has plans and things to do and I, I have nothing.
I’m basically going to be Billy-no-mates tomorrow
Oh I’m no going to drink, that’s st least one thing, but I feel utterly bereft and lonely.
Am I just feeling sorry for myself?

This is hard for me.
I’m not drinking, I’m not on any meds, but, for some reason, I’ve never felt so utterly lonely and lost and alone as I do tonight.
I genuinely have no one here to talk to, or to call or anything. It’s the 4th of July tomorrow and everyone else in my family has plans and things to do and I, I have nothing.
I’m basically going to be Billy-no-mates tomorrow
Oh I’m no going to drink, that’s st least one thing, but I feel utterly bereft and lonely.
Am I just feeling sorry for myself?

You probably are just feeling sorry for yourself, but that’s allowed. I’ve had moments where I’ve felt very lonely and pretty pointless. Try to take solace in the fact it’s not just you.
As for what to do tomorrow/today, I’d say get out for a run/walk/cycle or something in some woods or fields then get some massive scran on the go and watch your favourite films. Being on your own can be shit but you it doesn’t have to be all the time.
And you’ve always got a website of “middle-aged VL’s” to talk to, my condolences about that though!

Actually I’ve learned a couple of things recently and the gift of hindsight can be wonderful.
The “lady” I was seeing recently, first dates and “making out” since the loss of Mrs RN#3 was not all she seemed.
Never occurred to me that we spent virtually no time together at weekends as she was always doing things with her “girlfriends”, strangely all of whom wanted to meet me but, well, circumstances just never quite worked out.
I have since discovered she was still being highly active on other dating sites, meeting other men and, I guess she still is( thank you for having a daughter who checked out tinder, bumble and others...not for any vindictive reasons but, just trying to help me get over this and came across her profile everywhere)
I may have dodged a bullet, doesn’t make me feel a lot better but it’s a lesson learned.
Doesn’t kill the loneliness or help the insomnia, but I’m glad I know that it clearly meant f**k all to her so there’s no reason for me to feel any fault.
Feels crappy, but not as crappy as it did.

Got caught up in getting drunk every weekend a while ago. Think it was a lot of weeks ago. It began after we drew 2-2 in Inverness. I got drunk every weekend from then until 2 weekends ago.

All of that since the Inverness game was alone. What I mean is that I was an idiot and drank alone in flat getting pished.

This got dangers when I discovered that I had some knives in a set I'd never used. Like a p***k I used them and scarred myself up. I wish I died at the time but (obviously) never did it

I have to say with regards to AA it.really is doing a great job for me so far. I've been going for 4 months and not touched a drink since March 10th (which anyone who knows me will tell you is a miracle).  

I'm not full on in the program yet as I haven't found a sponsor that I definitely want to go.through it with yet. The 2 guys that were taking me about.get on my nerves a bit but it is what it is.

i particularly enjoy the meditation side of if. I think that is a good .thing.for anyone who is going through a hard time to try. Working well for me.

DA - I've done similar shite like that myself mate.  The way I see it is there is a reason we are still alive. There's something out there looking out for us.

I found AA didn’t work for me, too many people telling “war stories “
A 3 week spell in rehab and a personal sponsor I met through church seems to be working for me.
That and family

Some of them take it too far. I've been moaned the face off of a few times for no going when there's been a good football game on that night .  It's their whole life some of these c***s.

but I've found a couple.of meetings I'm comfortable in and I press on.

• 2 weeks later...

And...
I actually don’t know what the point of my existence is here anymore.
I’ve done what I can for family, I have no significant other or any likelihood there of, maybe I should just go quietly into that good night and be done with it

7 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

And...
I’ve done what I can for family, I have no significant other or any likelihood there of, maybe I should just go quietly into that good night and be done with it

Adam Rooney's just gone so theres a slot to be filled at Pittodrie, RN. Your club needs you.

And...

I’ve felt like that at times.

But it’s never the answer RN. If you really feel that then I’d get help (or more help) ASAP. There’s always a reason to go on.

And talking from experience suicide is one of the most devastating things to deal with for the people left behind. More than you can probably imagine. Believe me I understand the feeling but it simply isn’t the answer.

But it’s never the answer RN. If you really feel that then I’d get help (or more help) ASAP. There’s always a reason to go on.

And talking from experience suicide is one of the most devastating things to deal with for the people left behind. More than you can probably imagine. Believe me I understand the feeling but it simply isn’t the answer.

Sadly I don’t need to imagine, Mrs.RN#2 committed suicide in 2009

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Sadly I don’t need to imagine, Mrs.RN#2 committed suicide in 2009

Ah sorry man can’t imagine how that was for you. Apologies if I came across flippant. There’s a lot of good c***s on here myself included willing to chat if it helps. There is always another way though.

Actually in the last hour or so nothing much has changed but f**k it I’m not gonna give in to this shite

All these is for it mate! Dropped you a pm but doesn’t seem to be working. Keep the head up, keep fighting the good fight.

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Adam Rooney's just gone so theres a slot to be filled at Pittodrie, RN. Your club needs you.

Whether people agree with it or not , many people post here in the hope they will get some kind of support from other P&B members, who have maybe experienced similar situations in their life .

Imo your post above mocks a guy who sounds to be  at a pretty low point in his life and makes you sound  like a bit of a c**t .

13 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Whether people agree with it or not , many people post here in the hope they will get some kind of support from other P&B members, who have maybe experienced similar situations in their life .

Imo your post above mocks a guy who sounds to be  at a pretty low point in his life and makes you sound  like a bit of a c**t .

I know RN has been through a lot of shite in the many years he has been on here. He’s in a bad way at the moment as I can see. It was merely an attempt to help a fellow Dandy in his time of need. If you read that as mocking him and being a c**t then that’s not the intention.

Anyway good to hear a positive attitude from you RN.

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I know RN has been through a lot of shite in the many years he has been on here. He’s in a bad way at the moment as I can see. It was merely an attempt to help a fellow Dandy in his time of need. If you read that as mocking him and being a c**t then that’s not the intention.

Anyway good to hear a positive attitude from you RN.

Fair enough mate.

Its just at times some people post comments on here that could do more harm than good to very vulnerable people .