Depression

Thanks for the input lads. I went to bed early last night, slept well and feel brighter this morning than I have in a while. 

And can I just say how much I appreciate this thread. Interestingly; I find it helps me more than the conversations I've had with people in real life. Something about the anonymity makes it easier to open up. Go figure.

24 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Thanks for the input lads. I went to bed early last night, slept well and feel brighter this morning than I have in a while. 

And can I just say how much I appreciate this thread. Interestingly; I find it helps me more than the conversations I've had with people in real life. Something about the anonymity makes it easier to open up. Go figure.

Totally agree, I’ve put things on here and the P+P thread I’d never put on the likes of FB or say in conversations irl, as you say, go figure 

49 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Totally agree, I’ve put things on here and the P+P thread I’d never put on the likes of FB or say in conversations irl, as you say, go figure 

If you could find someone that enabled you to get those things out in conversations I'm sure you'd get even more out of it.

Easy to say not easy to find that person.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

If you could find someone that enabled you to get those things out in conversations I'm sure you'd get even more out of it.

Easy to say not easy to find that person.

People avoided me like the plague bud, you’d see them scatter as I walked towards them. Totally understandable, I’m not very good myself when trying to be supportive. I have one mate I went to, the absolute best mate you could ever have. He’s been through the mill himself, but as much as I tried to support him, he admitted it was hard to moan about his life, when he knew what I’d been through, which was a shame 

8 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

People avoided me like the plague bud, you’d see them scatter as I walked towards them. Totally understandable, I’m not very good myself when trying to be supportive. I have one mate I went to, the absolute best mate you could ever have. He’s been through the mill himself, but as much as I tried to support him, he admitted it was hard to moan about his life, when he knew what I’d been through, which was a shame 

Personally I think that's why the suicide rates for young guys is so frightening.

I only found meditation because I had told someone about the shit I was dealing with and they suggested it to me, it was just absolute hocus pocus nonsense to me in my closed-minded state but I agreed as I trusted the guy and nothing else was working, some of the most dramatic mindshifts in my whole life occurred due to how and what a bald lady in a gold gown was saying.

Needless to say I don't think of her as just a bald lady with a gold gown anymore.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I always struggle massively at this time of year. Christmas is a bit difficult, but I find new year unbearable. Even when I'm not really doing anything.

In years gone by if I could have slept after boxing day and woke up on the second I would have.

There's too much pressure to have a good time around this time of year so I've sympathy for anyone who struggles to get into the spirit. I've taken a step back and just allowed plans to fall into place that I can cancel on without making ruining anyone else's evening. I have a mad one planned for NYD at Pressure then I'm packing in the nights out for as long as I can to focus on just getting into a settled daily routine that's healthy and productive.

I will be glad to the back of this year. I will be tucked up in bed by 10. At least I got a bit of work delivering up in Glencoe. I never tire looking at the beauty of the hills. I hope 2018 brings you all some peace and happiness. Take care.

I always struggle massively at this time of year. Christmas is a bit difficult, but I find new year unbearable. Even when I'm not really doing anything.

Why the beginning of a new calendar year doesn’t bring you genuine happiness is beyond me!

12 hours ago, NotThePars said:

There's too much pressure to have a good time around this time of year so I've sympathy for anyone who struggles to get into the spirit. I've taken a step back and just allowed plans to fall into place that I can cancel on without making ruining anyone else's evening. I have a mad one planned for NYD at Pressure then I'm packing in the nights out for as long as I can to focus on just getting into a settled daily routine that's healthy and productive.

Where do you feel the pressure to have a good time/be happy comes from?

Thirded.

What I originally thought was chest pains/indigestion back in Spring turned out to be anxiety, fuelled by health anxiety, which then led to some panic attacks and then mild depression due to social withdrawal. What triggered it I'll never know but it has floored me for the past 7 or 8 months. Gutted as we've had some decent holidays/family occasions which I've had to put a brave face on for and deep down not enjoyed. 

Horrible year, hopefully that 7 changing to an 8 brings some brightness and a fresh start.

Not posted here in a long time as really not much to report. Still sober, no longer on ANY meds, no longer in treatment and doing well.
Considering the dark places I’ve been this is pretty damn good

I'm due to be back at work on Monday and no idea if I'm ready for it or not. The best way I can describe every time I leave my house is that there are a thousand things that I need to do and haven't done. Get really anxious and stressed about it :(

Not posted here in a long time as really not much to report. Still sober, no longer on ANY meds, no longer in treatment and doing well.
Considering the dark places I’ve been this is pretty damn good

That’s great news, mate! Good to read of someone doing well and feeling good. Chuffed for you.
I'm due to be back at work on Monday and no idea if I'm ready for it or not. The best way I can describe every time I leave my house is that there are a thousand things that I need to do and haven't done. Get really anxious and stressed about it [emoji20]

Just try and take it easy, Gaz. Are you back in for a full day?