Adam    1,532

Delighted to hear the boy that went to NYC has been sent home and hopefully will get the help he desperately needs.

There was a talk in my work yesterday, a guy called Lee House, who is Bipolar, and has a project called Hummingbird. It was fantastic, I would recommend everyone to have a look at his Facebook page.

Edit: Might as well give an update on my situation. I am still on antidepressants and strong sleeping pills. I always had terrible trouble with nightmares, specifically in the last 10 months or so, but in the last four months I am having much more vivid dreams and nightmares, where I know I am asleep, but I still do absolutely awful things, and it does worry me to go to sleep. Thankfully in the last week or two these have been few and far between, but they still put the fear of God in me when they happen.

accies1874    947

I've been feeling awful lately, as if my mind is beginning to deteriorate. It sounds daft, but there are loads of occasions where I do something then don't feel as if it's me that has done it, and I'm getting really angry at the smallest of things. I really do feel like I'm going mad.
I enjoy my own company, but I am spending more time with my family and I'm back at college now so see my pals there. The problem is that I feel lonelier when none of them are there. I do try and keep busy by doing a variety of things, but it only takes a second of not doing so for me to become drained again.
I haven't been drunk or done any drugs for more than a month now, which I thought would help, but it hasn't whatsoever.
I've had a brilliant year since I first started getting depressive thoughts (around this time last year). I've had some brilliant experiences and such, but they always end up with me thinking that I'll never get to relive that happiness again. I don't have any intentions of going out with my friends because I know this will always overcome me.

8MileBU    2,249

Wouldn't post that here. A lot of people on this forum seem to have an irrational hatred of him.

Really? Why the hate?

Wasn't sure where to post it tbh, but this thread seemed the most appropriate.

Adolfo Rios    361

Bit of a random question mate, but you said he was denied entry. I'm assuming he didn't get a visa?

It's just incredible to think that forgetting to get a visa has saved his life.

I wasn't sure of his Visa situation as he and his family go often to Florida and anywhere else there is a Wrestlemania on. I know there's something where you need to renew it every 2 years now(?). Alternatively I am not sure if the police had contacted the relevant authorities at JFK (if they even have that power?) to let them know of a passage that was a potential danger to himself. Either way we are glad he was as the other outcome would be unthinkable for his wife and wee boy and everyone else that knows him.

I am going through to his parents house tomorrow to see him and my Mrs is taking his out for coffee and shopping. My wife will likely get a clearer picture of how he was stopped. Anytime I have spoken to his wife this week she has understandably been somewhat "scatter-brained".

He opened up to me a bit more last night which was good. I shared to him more about my struggles which helped him I hope. He did stop short and said some stuff was for another time and I was never going to push him when he is not ready.

Johnny Däpp    576
10 hours ago, Adam said:

Delighted to hear the boy that went to NYC has been sent home and hopefully will get the help he desperately needs.

There was a talk in my work yesterday, a guy called Lee House, who is Bipolar, and has a project called Hummingbird. It was fantastic, I would recommend everyone to have a look at his Facebook page.

Edit: Might as well give an update on my situation. I am still on antidepressants and strong sleeping pills. I always had terrible trouble with nightmares, specifically in the last 10 months or so, but in the last four months I am having much more vivid dreams and nightmares, where I know I am asleep, but I still do absolutely awful things, and it does worry me to go to sleep. Thankfully in the last week or two these have been few and far between, but they still put the fear of God in me when they happen.

Mate, I've just clocked onto this. You know where I am bud if you need someone to talk to. 

DA Baracus    4,674
13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Err yeah, we all loaned you £100 for your pram business venture on dragons den.

At what percentage of the business?

Rugster    5,532
5 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I wasn't sure of his Visa situation as he and his family go often to Florida and anywhere else there is a Wrestlemania on. I know there's something where you need to renew it every 2 years now(?). 

I

ESTA