Depression

Have a chance of a move away from living below the neighbours from hell but the house we looked at for swap is abit smaller than our flat. I am all for it but wife is humming and hawing, she knows how i feel about the current situation we are in and id move in a minute as you can always work round things. Trying not to build my hopes up but most family members are putting a downer on the move. Im worried that when my neighbours come back i will slump back into my old routine and feel this is the perfect chance for a new start

Are all of your family aware of the effect this is having on your health, mate? If not, maybe it's time to tell them - it's not fair that you should have to suffer to keep everybody else happy.

Are all of your family aware of the effect this is having on your health, mate? If not, maybe it's time to tell them - it's not fair that you should have to suffer to keep everybody else happy.

Yeah mate they do know and they feel a fresh start would help. Im always worried about what other folk think

I'd recommend progressive muscle relaxation for anyone struggling with depression or anxiety. You can do it at home on your own without any professional help and recent research has shown it can be effective in up to 50% of cases. Its not for everyone but as its so readily available, doesnt cost anything and you can do it at home its worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the midst of a pretty bad low at the moment. Worst I've felt in a while. Reminiscent of my very first bipolar low which was until now the worst I have ever felt. I genuinely want to stay in bed until it subsides.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I'm in the midst of a pretty bad low at the moment. Worst I've felt in a while. Reminiscent of my very first bipolar low which was until now the worst I have ever felt. I genuinely want to stay in bed until it subsides.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Keep the chin up mate, things will eventually come good. If you feel the need, drop me a PM.

I always like reading this thread, it's very brave of folk to post what they're feeling. I'm a bit down just now, I'm not back at uni until September, and the old dear is out working for the vast majority of the summer so I'm at home with the kids. I have applied for various part time positions, with one getting back in touch with me, only to find out that any previous criminal convictions I have would rule me out.

I keep in touch with my uni friends but it seems that they are carrying on over the summer, doing what they usually do. Probably because they have a job. Just feel that my life is passing me by really, utterly fed up. The only thing that is keeping me going is the fact that I've only got a couple of months before uni is back, otherwise I reckon I would go under.

Been wanting to post this for ages really, but it's taken me until I'm half cut to do so. This thread has given me a lot to think about though, so many thanks.

12 months ago i was the happiest ever, working in london, flat in west end with great friends, lovely girlfriend. three months later Lease ended and i went into my parents flat, back to glasgow for uni and girlfriend ended it. The past 9 months has been tough, complete loneliness has been the theme, its hard to imagine being as happy as i was and now i am worrying about uni ending and having to sustain myself. Ive been depressed before and i said never again but things transpire at the worst times.

Minor positive outlook im getting a flat in kelvingrove street with buds from home so i hope that helps but im only 20 so ill try.

Thanks for listening guys

The last few posts are very brave, must take some balls to post. Thankfully I've never been in a position where I've felt like the last two or three posts, but having had a really close mate who has suffered from horrendous depression and has told me he's been very close to topping himself I think talking about it and seeking advice is the best thing to do.

The last few posts are very brave, must take some balls to post. Thankfully I've never been in a position where I've felt like the last two or three posts, but having had a really close mate who has suffered from horrendous depression and has told me he's been very close to topping himself I think talking about it and seeking advice is the best thing to do.

My thoughts on the entire thread really.

It does take balls, I absolutely agree. I am glad that I posted what I did. I don't know why I feel like I do. I've been in the face of adversity much worse than I currently am, I have literally been on the brink before, but I've managed to pull myself together through the help of family and friends, and yet I am in a position, much better than I have ever been really, and I feel like utter shit.

It does take balls, I absolutely agree. I am glad that I posted what I did. I don't know why I feel like I do. I've been in the face of adversity much worse than I currently am, I have literally been on the brink before, but I've managed to pull myself together through the help of family and friends, and yet I am in a position, much better than I have ever been really, and I feel like utter shit.

Saying you shouldn't be allowed to feel bad because life is going well is like saying you shouldn't be allowed to be happy if life is going badly. In other words... this is just something that happens. It can be based on external factors but it's often not. Either way, dude, I know that you know it'll get better and you can keep it together. :)

I'm feeling a bit low at the moment, to the point I want to walk out of my job. There are only 2 of us in the yard/warehouse, and if one of us is on holiday, the other person has to do everything on their own. We get orders to make up, then the bosses end up constantly changing them or adding to them, or they give you orders to do 10 minutes before you go for lunch, If you question it you get told "try being in the office, we don't even get a break" I'm only still there as the money Is good and there is nothing else going just now, but its getting to the point where I'm asking myself, is health more important than wealth? It's not just work, the wife has had problems with her health

Continued. She will have to go in for major surgery at the end of the year, I'm just worried that between work and looking after her, I'm really going to burn myself out. I'm taking 2 weeks off when she gets the operation done, but its beggining to get to me already. Finances are shit as well, we can't seem to get any savings together and I'm worried its going to bite us if anything goes wrong with the car or something. I'm bottling everything up and I don't know who to turn to.

Are you fucking serious? That is absolutely pathetic.

There are people on here with serious problems and you're crying because you get told to do work 10 minutes before you're lunch.

I knew someone would say that. I'm having to work long hours with hardly any help at times, as well, and it is getting to me a bit. You've got to remember that folk cope differently with things at the end of the day. I get frustrated at the simplest of things sometimes at it can put me in a mood for quiet a while

I knew someone would say that. I'm having to work long hours with hardly any help at times, as well, and it is getting to me a bit. You've got to remember that folk cope differently with things at the end of the day. I get frustrated at the simplest of things sometimes at it can put me in a mood for quiet a while

You don't have to explain yourself. Anyone who has suffered from depression knows that the smallest things can seem a major issue.

Yup.

Plus, his problem is easily sorted: Get a new job.

Pretty much. I work in a garage where it's just me and my boss, who is blind. Maybe me and philpy could swap