Depression

13 hours ago, Gaz said:

I'm going to make an appointment with my GP to try to get some counselling. I'm feeling really down about everything the now.

Gaz, I wouldn't tell you not to go down this route as counselling is obviously a positive step, however it's likely your employer or union could facilitate this quicker than your GP could. The waiting lists often run into years for support via the NHS with the priority being those who have made attempts on their life or self harm. 

I really hope you can get something sorted soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Please ignore the time of day on a Saturday this has been posted.  

What help is geberally available for this.  Is it things like SAMH? 

Edited by itzdrk
This is years in the making tbh

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Please ignore the time of day on a Saturday this has been posted.  

What help is geberally available for this.  Is it things like SAMH? 

Here's some other resources that might help:

http://breathingspace.scot/

https://www.thecalmzone.net/

http://www.menheal.org.uk/

http://www.samaritans.org/

SAMH are well known, your GP will help you too.

On 29/04/2017 at 20:40, Gaz said:

I'm going to make an appointment with my GP to try to get some counselling. I'm feeling really down about everything the now.

I really hope you do this, it was one of the hardest but best decisions I've ever made. The lass I got was a godsend, I was with her for 6 months. That goes for anyone who's thinking about counselling, my GP was and still is brilliant, but this takes you more in depth 

Sorry to hear this mate. Hopefully, and I'm sure he will, gets great care in the hospital.

We gave done our best. But his legs have gone and the cancer is progressing at a rate. He will be where he will be comfortable. But things will be tough.

We gave done our best. But his legs have gone and the cancer is progressing at a rate. He will be where he will be comfortable. But things will be tough.

You've done all you possibly can, your best. The hospital is there for this reason. Try and take solace in the fact he'll be comfortable there.

Just bk from a visit. He is in the best place. But I know he wants to be home. But I can no longer cope. To be honest i am knackered. I would love to have a good cry. But It won't come. Still the support I and my family have had is nothing short of superb. Cheers

32 minutes ago, capybara said:

Just bk from a visit. He is in the best place. But I know he wants to be home. But I can no longer cope. To be honest i am knackered. I would love to have a good cry. But It won't come. Still the support I and my family have had is nothing short of superb. Cheers

Good on you, no easy bud 

20 minutes ago, capybara said:

My dad died at 06:05 this morning. I am strangely calm.

That's a shitter. Sorry to hear that.

The calmness could be that you're glad he isn't suffering any longer. It might be because you knew it was coming. The brain is a big mental b*****d. Anyway, hope you'll be ok and hopefully you have good support in place, like your family as you mentioned previously

My dad died at 06:05 this morning. I am strangely calm.

Really sorry to hear this capybara. Being calm is fine. Try and stay calm and think rationally - I've no doubt there will be times coming when this isn't as easy as it sounds but keep in mind you went above and beyond and your old man would be grateful and proud. PM is always open as well if you need anything or just someone to rant at that won't take it personally or be upset.