MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Aye Tucker looked very decent. I've just watched it all, not been on twitter etc yet but guessing there's going to be a lot of moaning about the judges again. Hendricks and Theodouro with 30-27s were pretty bad, that Zahabi got one aswell when I thought he probably should've got beat 29-28. Probably some others I'm forgetting.

Highlights for me were Markos beating Esparza and Lewis's post fight chat, he had Stann cringing calling out Browne for being a wife beater, then some random comment about having too much sex.

Also thought the Jack Marshman stoppage was too quick, looked to be trying to fight back but the ref had jumped in. Shite.

On 20/02/2017 at 12:13, Fisherman said:

Aye Tucker looked very decent. I've just watched it all, not been on twitter etc yet but guessing there's going to be a lot of moaning about the judges again. Hendricks and Theodouro with 30-27s were pretty bad, that Zahabi got one aswell when I thought he probably should've got beat 29-28. Probably some others I'm forgetting.

Highlights for me were Markos beating Esparza and Lewis's post fight chat, he had Stann cringing calling out Browne for being a wife beater, then some random comment about having too much sex.

Also thought the Jack Marshman stoppage was too quick, looked to be trying to fight back but the ref had jumped in. Shite.

Not to mention Lewis finishing with "and where ronda rousey's fine ass at?"

Highlight for me was Browne taking those extra few punches. Remember seeing photos of his ex's face after he (clearly did) beat the shit out of her. f**k that guy.

I mostly agree about Marshman. It wasn't the worst ever but for better or worse (obvious Browne-esque stoppages aside) it seems like stoppages are getting a bit quicker these days. I watched the documentary The Smashing Machine  (it's on YouTube, must watch for any MMA fan) again the other night and it really made it obvious how much quicker they stop the fight these days. Obviously it's the right call, but the JUST BLEED guy inside of me kinda misses when it was just bawz oot mental fighting.

UFC still trying to break into the Russian market so they are probably relying on a Khabib win. I'm very excited for main & co-main but lowering my expectations for the rest of the card as not really fussed for it. I'll be rooting for Paul Craig & Groovy Lando though.

UFC 211 is already shaping up to be brilliant. Miocic vs Dos Santos 2. Joanna vs Andrade & now Maia vs Masvidal. Not sure if confirmed yet but Werdum vs Rothwell rumoured to be that night too.

Makes no sense at all. GSP wouldn't step up to MW in his prime but wants to come back and fight for the belt now. Absolute shite.

Wtf is Romero meant to do? Just wait?! That's Maia, Romero and even Jacare fucked over in the space of 2 days.

I hope Bisping beats him but f**k knows, GSP will likely be able to keep getting takedowns on him.

It should have all went down like this-
Woodley Wonderboy winner vs Maia, then GSP( could even have given him a warmup fight with Lawler or Masvidal )
Bisping vs Romero, winner faces Jacare.
And as much as Khabib Ferguson is an amazing fight, should really have been Conor vs Khabib this weekend.

It's nice to see Bisping get a big payday, but f**k off. Even from a ppv sense a four years too late Silva v GSP fight would've been grand. Divisions and rankings under new owners mean absolute shit.