MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Surprised there's no chat about Ferguson vs Khabib in here - https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/17/16901502/tony-ferguson-scheduled-to-fight-khabib-nurmagomedov-at-ufc-223-in-brooklyn

Say's in that article that it's unclear if McGregor will be stripped of his belt but I think they will.  Dana said Conor is looking at a September return and if he was doing that then he would be stripped.  If a September return is true, that ties in with the UFC Russia event, so they could potentially have Khabib vs Conor there for the title (if Khabib beats Tony). Tony vs Khabib really should be an amazing fight though, please don't let them get injured or f**k up the weight cut!

Edited by The Moonster

I went to the Bellator/BAMMA event in Newcastle before Christmas. I'm not really a follower of MMA but my brother is.

Overall I had an enjoyable evening but I thought it was a bit strange in some respects. I had assumed Bellator would be the bigger promotion and would take centre stage. As it turned out it started about 5pm and being on a Friday, at this point there can only have been less than 1000 people in the arena, so the entire card took place in front of an eerily quiet arena, despite some recognisable faces from the UFC being involved as fighters and officials.

The BAMMA event was a bit naff, some tit from Geordie Shore fighting a 42 year old debutant bum took a bit of credibility away from the evening. There was also a very, very dodgy decision win for a local lad.

Still, on balance I enjoyed it, good entertainment and it was all very sporting between all fighters involved also nothing unsavoury in the crowd!

I'd take Cain over Stipe all day.

I know he's got the 3 defences and I really like him as a human being but I don't really see what's so great about Stipe. He's very good, sure, and amongst the current crop (that isn't that bountiful a crop) he's clearly the cream but I don't think he's the best heavyweight fighter we've ever seen.

I'd take both Cain and Fedor in their prime over stipe without a drop of hesitation.

Come to think of it, I'd bet on Daniel Cormier against him too.