MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Props to Clay Guida for clearly being a decent c**t. I'm a big fan of Lauzon and he was just completely done after that right hand that landed behind his ear. Clay knew that and the referee fucked up. Clay really seemed like he didn't want to do any extra damage to Joe and I respect that.

Still watching the prelims so not read the above comments but how often do they f**k up scoring in this sport?

Just finished McGee-Strickland, how the hell can they announce two 29-29 scores on ten-point must without any point deductions and not realise that can't be the case?? Happens so often too, does no-one involved have a clue what they are doing?

Edited by Christophe

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Still watching the prelims so not read the above comments but how often do they f**k up scoring in this sport?

Just finished McGee-Strickland, how the hell can they announce two 29-29 scores on ten-point must without any point deductions and not realise that can't be the case?? Happens so often too, does no-one involved have a clue what they are doing?

Dunno if I'm being an idiot here but are you sure that's no possible? If a round is a draw then it's 10-10 naw? Then 10-9 each direction in the other two rounds and that's a 29-29 scorecard?

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

A 10-10 really shouldn't be happening if you're following the judging criteria but if you genuinely can't decide between the two then I guess you don't have a choice but to use it.

Correct. You can't give a guy a round on the toss of a coin.

I mean... do I hate the fight in the sense of when it comes to watching it that I'll not be interested? No. When it happens, for sure I'll watch.

But this is another example of a Diaz getting a title shot when they actually don't deserve it. It happened all through Nick's career as well. 

Nate got destroyed by RDA (who now fights at 170) in Dec 2014 in honestly one of the most lopsided decisions I've ever seen. He beat Michael Johnson and looked good and then fought the 145 champion in McGregor twice at 170 and we all know how both those fights went down. 

Apparently this track record means you deserve a title shot at 170lb? Naw. No for me. 

Love the Diaz brothers and the way they fight but this just seems like a bit of bullshit. Give me RDA or Lawler or even Covington or someone against Woodley instead. 

BradHorse above summed this up best. Both Diaz brothers have cruised off getting big fights by being big personalities that sell fights and beating a big name along the way (BJ Penn and McGregor respectively). I have a lot of love for both of them but f**k me they get some big fights for meh reasons.

Definitely man. Like... I fucking love the Diaz brothers. How can you be a fan of MMA and not love these two guys? But if we're gonna talk about title shot worthiness then they've both punched well above their weight. 

I'll still watch the shit out of any fight they're in though. (Nick) Diaz vs. Daley is probably my favourite fight ever.