MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

McGregor - Diaz III has been confirmed for 219, Lightweight title fight. Pretty disappointed with that, too big a weight cut for Diaz to make now I think, imagine it'll be a fairly straight forward defence for McGregor, might even stop him at that weight.

Source? Not seen this anywhere else

It's definitely not confirmed. Or even close to happening. And how would it be too big a weight cut for Diaz now? He's fought at 155 most of his career.

FWIW I reckon that will be the fight they make though.

Fight Night in Japan tonight with a couple of interesting fights, Claudia vs Jessica Andrade probably the pick of the fights rankings wise. Looking forward to a few of them though, Gokan Saki(world class kickboxer) vs Frankenstein Da Silva (who lost to Paul Craig [emoji85]) Got to be Takanori Gomis last fight as well, lost his last 3 in less than a couple minutes, can't see this one being any different.

Forgot to say....ACB in Sheffield tomorrow night live on boxnation and also Bellator but no idea when that'll be shown here! Ben Hendo main even with Paul Daley Lorenz Larkin co main which is probably the best fight of the weekend. The acb main event is askham vs barnatt

It's definitely not confirmed. Or even close to happening. And how would it be too big a weight cut for Diaz now? He's fought at 155 most of his career.

FWIW I reckon that will be the fight they make though.

Just noticed it's not confirmed. Mate had sent me the below and said he'd seen it announced a few places. I'm evidently as big a moron as he is for listening to him. Don't see it being any other fight though sadly.

Diaz missed weight by miles against RDA, barely made it for Johnson, has fought his last two at welterweight and isn't getting any younger, don't think it'll be an easy cut for him to get down to Lightweight at all.

83eff54b89cd51da2ceb643ca77a88b2.jpg

Well, Claudia and Andrade was the only real surprise from last night, great fight with Andrade putting on a beating after a good start boxing wise from Gadelha.

Saki won but looks terrible imo, will be backing against him heavily in any future fights, gassed out after a couple minutes and was looking rocked just before he landed a bomb of a left hook, ref stopped it too soon aswell, should have at least seen if Saki was going to follow up with some shots on the ground. Looked to me like Da Silva was still with it.

Worst game plan of all time goes to Okami, comes straight out with the attempted takedown, OSP just takes his time and gets anther von flue choke! Okami unconscious!

2 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Oh boy

DKxC7j2UEAAVERc.jpg

Overeem always gets caught in fights, so can't see him surviving this even with his new cautious, pickoff approach. Suppose the vast experience gap might be a factor, though. Actually suspect he might switch to a ground game and go for the sub.

I've been on the Lee hype train for a long time but just can't see him beating Ferguson, he might get some takedowns but Ferguson will get back up and eventually wear him down. Ferguson by 3rd or 4th round sub.

Love this whole card, Lando Vanatta has hardly had a mention, him and Greene should be fun. Not to mention firekid (Can't remember how to spell his surname) vs Stamman!

Borg at 8/1 is crazy, this won't be a 1 sided beatdown. His stand-up has looked much improved and his wrestling scrambles are some of the best I think I've ever seen, DJ won't just be able to get takedowns at will if it's close on the feet like he usually does to steal/cement rounds.