THE BOSS!

DomDom

Well, what can I say...

Queued up from 8:30am and got speaking to some really lovely fans - a couple of which who had been to all the UK dates - and the time passed fairly quickly until we got inside around 4pm.

Then from 18:20 until 21:50, The Boss rocked Wembley with an outstanding setlist, starting with just him and a piano for a tour debut of Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street and then into his set with the band which included 41 Shots (which I thought I'd missed out on after Hampden), which was immediately followed by The River and The Promised Land. His first encore then started with Jungleland - which I was thrilled about - before ending it all with a solo acoustic version of Thunder Road. He also played Tougher Than The Rest as a tribute to Muhammad Ali.

Highlights included him spending about 5 minutes trying to remember how to play I'll Work For Your Love - a sign request that clearly isn't played very often! - taking a pint of beer from a girl in the front row and downing the whole thing during Spirit In The Night, whilst she looked on absolutely raging at the fact her £5.50 pint had been stolen. Main highlight was probably a ginger bearded Scotsman stood right beside me who put on a Courtney Cox wig and got to dance with Bruce during Dancing In The Dark. Was pleased for him considering he was in tears during 41 Shots and Jungleland!

This was the third time I've see him, after the last 2 tours at Hampden, but this was probably the most special of the lot.

What a night. What a man. What a band!

post-13555-14652219508938_thumb.jpgpost-13555-14652219680326_thumb.jpgpost-13555-14652219860056_thumb.jpgpost-13555-14652220006712_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just if anyone was interested, you can buy the MP3 download of any of the UK shows for $10 on his website, or you can also get the CD or better quality audio downloads for more.

I just purchased the Wembley concert on MP3, the sound quality is fairly decent actually.

springsteen.png

Edited by Sooky

Just if anyone was interested, you can buy the MP3 download of any of the UK shows for $10 on his website, or you can also get the CD or better quality audio downloads for more.

I just purchased the Wembley concert on MP3, the sound quality is fairly decent actually.

springsteen.png

Bought the Glasgow one, sound quality is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just when you think he might be getting near retirement, he breaks his own record for his longest American show twice in a week. Last Tuesday they did a 3hr 52min show at MetLife Stadium, then followed it up on Thursday in the same venue by going 7 minutes longer.

He's got a biography coming out next month. That'll be getting bought

There's an accompanying album to go with it called Chapter and Verse which includes some unreleased stuff from his first bands the Castiles and Steel Mill.

They played 4 hours 1 minute at Metlife last night.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 20:57, CountyFan said:

The autobiography is outstanding. It's a wonderful piece of writing, forget the fact it's the boss. He's arguably as good an author as he is a songwriter. 

Just about 2/3 of the way through and it is a very revealing insight to how long it took to make it (financially). His dealing with feelings of depression and his honest assessment of how difficult he often made relationships is instructive. The description of the making of albums is great to read. Don't always like all his work since first buying into him in the early 80s ( I don't get Tom Joad) but as a child of the folk era in the early sixties I loved the Seeger Sessions. I vary between the rock sounds of guitar bands with the more acoustic material but he is the Boss

• 1 year later...

I'm a huge Springsteen fan; without being maniacally so. I've always struggled to get into his super-early stuff (Greetings...), and the least said about his last couple of albums the better.

I've long thought that his concert at Hammersmith Odeon in 75 was probably the one that I'd put before any other. The one I wish I was around to see. It always seemed to me to be the performance he was born to do. Well, not now.

I've just watched Springsteen on Broadway. The full thing is also available to listen to as an album. Hands down it is the rawest, most soulful, most emotional, almost elegiac thing I've ever seen. A lot of it dovetails nicely with the book which is incredible in itself, especially his own audio description. His performances of My Father's House, The Wish and Born In The USA (where he intersperses the lyrics with stories of his father, mother and young friends respectively), are just incredible.

As I get older, and as the world that I see seems to get ever closer to DEFCON:Fucked, I find it ever harder to get enthused about stuff.

This performance is an exception. THE exception.

Watch it. Please.

Edited by mozam76