Oh it makes me feel like singing the blues

No, no, no, no, no, NO! 'Singing the blues,' is a moronic cliche when used to mean 'depressed.' The blues is simply the name of a particular type of cyclical musical form, deriving from African-American bluegrass music of the early twentieth-century. FOOLS! It can also be happy, so very happy!

Edited by vercol36

No, no, no, no, no, NO! 'Singing the blues,' is a moronic cliche when used to mean 'depressed.' The blues is simply the name of a particular type of cyclical musical form, deriving from African-American bluegrass music of the early twentieth-century. FOOLS! It can also be happy, so very happy!

So everyone that thought otherwise must sit on the naughty step for an hour. -_-

"Blues" was in use to mean Melancholy long before it was a genre of music.

As me and some mates were trudging out of the away end I heard I heard the song go up from some wags behind us "Three Years, It only took three years, It only took three years" we looked at each other smiled and went to the pub where I managed to resist the temptation to put SRV on the jukebox.

As me and some mates were trudging out of the away end I heard I heard the song go up from some wags behind us "Three Years, It only took three years, It only took three years" we looked at each other smiled and went to the pub where I managed to resist the temptation to put SRV on the jukebox.

Never a bad thing to play a bit of Stevie Ray, Topcat.

Whilst I was delighted we finally got a result the match itself was something of a tragedy as far as quality goes (there was none) where both sides looked more scared of losing than actually capable of winning.

f**k it, I'm gonna play "Couldn't stand the Weather" and "In Step" in the car on the way home.

Well that's lovely, but has very little to do with my point. The title of the thread contains the expression 'singing the blues' which directly relates to blues music, and not to the expression 'the blues.'