FIFA Rage Page

Stagmaster

Look at the criteria for it.

Don't think there is any criteria for this weekend so any team will do

The criteria to qualify was a max 1 player from EPL, la liga, bundesliga and ligue 1. Most teams I played were serie A which mines is mostly outwith a couple legends

2 hours ago, YHallSaint said:

The criteria to qualify was a max 1 player from EPL, la liga, bundesliga and ligue 1. Most teams I played were serie A which mines is mostly outwith a couple legends

I said for the WEEKEND not the qualification tournament. 

Played a few games over the weekend. Cracked and used one of my loan packs and got Mario Goetze in the team. Somehow changing one player seems to have upgraded the ability of everyone else in the side. Won 3/3 quite comfortably before switching it off.

Played a few games over the weekend. Cracked and used one of my loan packs and got Mario Goetze in the team. Somehow changing one player seems to have upgraded the ability of everyone else in the side. Won 3/3 quite comfortably before switching it off.

Some people are convinced that if you let your team stay the same for long periods of time it reduces the chemistry and feels sluggish, apparently signing new players rejuvenates things (apparently a ploy to get people to keep buying packs etc)

40 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Some people are convinced that if you let your team stay the same for long periods of time it reduces the chemistry and feels sluggish, apparently signing new players rejuvenates things (apparently a ploy to get people to keep buying packs etc)

I think there has to be something in the AI that factors that in. I'm not particularly good at the game but last week i had my 92 pace winger being outrun by a 60 pace full back and this week no one could get near my players even when I was playing passes in the wrong direction. They can get fucked if they think I'm spending more cash on them than I've spent on the game itself though.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

I think there has to be something in the AI that factors that in. I'm not particularly good at the game but last week i had my 92 pace winger being outrun by a 60 pace full back and this week no one could get near my players even when I was playing passes in the wrong direction. They can get fucked if they think I'm spending more cash on them than I've spent on the game itself though.

They do have the in-game 'momentum' that affects how your player performs. I think it depends on things like if you start well your players get a little boost but if you concede two quick goals for example your players become error prone and sluggish. It is why so many people score goals and then the opposition seem to score with their first attack after the goal, they get a small momentum boost to make the game "more exciting". A little like PES used to have (not sure if it does now) when players had morale boosts or handicaps. It is one of the reasons why people fill their benches with bronze players to bring the overall team rating down so that they get a small boost when they play someone with a highly rated team.

• 4 weeks later...

First time this week I've turned Fifa on. 

Game 1: 21 shots/16 on target to their 4 shots/3 on target. Lost 3-2

Game 2: 14 shots/11 on target to their 7 shots/6 on target. Lost 4-2

Game 3: Trying to stay calm and give it one more game, and the whole thing freezes as the third game is loading.

Switched off. Rage....

• 1 month later...

Just had one of those career matches where the game seems to decide that my strikers won't score any chances.  Had chances galore including a tap in where instead of shooting my player mis-controlled it about a yard wide. Also hit the post and had a shot deflect about an inch wide.

Then of course in the last minute my right back passes the ball straight to Andros Townsend who launches it into the top corner. 

Game finished 1-0.  I had 15 shots with just 4 on target while of course Palace scored with their only attempt. 

Broke my controller for the third time in three months last night after getting beat while dominating. Just had to take it apart to put the joystick back on and it appears to be as good as new :lol:

• 1 month later...

Had two bizarre rage quitters last night.

One boy quits when I scored to go 1-0 up in the first half!

The other quit in the 80th minute. What's the point in that. I'd just scored my 5th but see the game out ffs!

Had two bizarre rage quitters last night.
One boy quits when I scored to go 1-0 up in the first half!
The other quit in the 80th minute. What's the point in that. I'd just scored my 5th but see the game out ffs!

The second one is very common. People don't have any resilience to see results to their end anymore, it is very annoying. More and more people quitting now because FIFA 17 is basically treading water until 18 so Ultimate Team in particular is pretty pointless at the moment.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:44, stumigoo said:

The second one is very common. People don't have any resilience to see results to their end anymore, it is very annoying. More and more people quitting now because FIFA 17 is basically treading water until 18 so Ultimate Team in particular is pretty pointless at the moment.

Also, if someone backs out by clicking on fifa and ending game via xbox home screen it get rids of any red cards and doesnt use fitness so essentially if someone goes on a 5 game losing streak their fitness will still be 99.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The career mode being broke in this years game is doing my head in because it's usually the only part of Fifa that I play.

I've got 4 saves that are unplayable now which is really annoying. It wouldn't bother me so much if the error message came up during the 1st pre season game but I got to the start of December in two of them, then they decided to stop working. The teams that I'd built were bloody amazing too.

Another infuriating thing is the amount of players who I could buy in 17 straight away but now I'll have to wait a season to sign them because they have recently joined the club despite some of them being at their clubs for at least a year in real life. The release clauses on players are totally random with every new career save too which is just ridiculous.

The game is basically unplayable for me at the minute because of these issues. Hopefully they get sorted but I'm not optimistic about EA fixing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got presented the Scottish Premiership, or rather the 'Scottish Prem' trophy, after the 33rd game of the season on career mode. The commentators seem to think there is no split. The guy after the match reads results from the 'Scottish Premier League.' And Motherwell always, without fail, get Celtic at home on the last day of the season. These bugs have existed in FIFA for literal years. I don't play enough annual games to know but are any other companies this b*****din lazy as EA?

I think 'Scottish Prem' annoys me the most.

'PREM' :green

Got presented the Scottish Premiership, or rather the 'Scottish Prem' trophy, after the 33rd game of the season on career mode. The commentators seem to think there is no split. The guy after the match reads results from the 'Scottish Premier League.' And Motherwell always, without fail, get Celtic at home on the last day of the season. These bugs have existed in FIFA for literal years. I don't play enough annual games to know but are any other companies this b*****din lazy as EA?
I think 'Scottish Prem' annoys me the most.
'PREM' :green

This grinds my gears too ! At least it's better than earlier versions where the league table didn't actually update after the split leaving u to guess or manually calculate what u needed to do in the last game!
Always Celtic as the last game and always them in the cup final , also seems to be almost certain that every round of the cup is against the team u play in the previous league game .
Career skill levels are also incredibly frustrating , I play on difficulty 4 out of 6 and its boring , every game easily 20+ shots to nil , can win the whole league conceding single figure goals . Move up one level and it is stroke inducingly frustrating, 0-0 is a decent result , get outrun and outmuscled off every team , find it difficult to even get a few shots on target never mind score. Surely with 6 skill levels there should be a smoother transition than this !

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

This grinds my gears too ! At least it's better than earlier versions where the league table didn't actually update after the split leaving u to guess or manually calculate what u needed to do in the last game!
Always Celtic as the last game and always them in the cup final , also seems to be almost certain that every round of the cup is against the team u play in the previous league game .
Career skill levels are also incredibly frustrating , I play on difficulty 4 out of 6 and its boring , every game easily 20+ shots to nil , can win the whole league conceding single figure goals . Move up one level and it is stroke inducingly frustrating, 0-0 is a decent result , get outrun and outmuscled off every team , find it difficult to even get a few shots on target never mind score. Surely with 6 skill levels there should be a smoother transition than this !

Be worth googling about the level you're drawing 0-0 on and adding "sliders" onto it. 

As in  Google "World class difficulty sliders" 

Theres people who have figured out how to make a sort of intermediate level between two

Be worth googling about the level you're drawing 0-0 on and adding "sliders" onto it. 
As in  Google "World class difficulty sliders" 
Theres people who have figured out how to make a sort of intermediate level between two
Yeah good idea , have always stayed away from the sliders seeing them as a kind of cheat ( my brother in law puts his shooting up to 100 and CPU goalkeeping to 0 , shouldn't expect anything less from a Celtic fan tho tbf!) Will fiddle about with them and see how it works out, cheers !