soccer am

fifergaz

Usually have it on in the backround on Saturday morning, it's pretty tedious these days. Occasional funny sketch, think they need to end it tbh.

I still watch it now and then, it'll never end though, I imagine the English love it seeing as there's so much about the clubs down there on it.

its one of those that is obviously utter shite but still gets left on in the background on a saturday morning. frankie fryer can still raise a smile but ffs its the same sketch he has been doing for about 3 years.

the fans that they have on seem to be the type of people you would avoid like the plague at the game.

I record it and fast forward through 90% of the nonsense to find the 10% of good stuff.

Crossbar challenge, road to Champions league and fitba players best interviews best offs etc.

Some of the guests can be decent but lost are annoying as f**k and the lad Rushden is a total total cock.

He ain't no Lovejoy that's for sure.

It sort of died the moment Lovejoy left, as there isnt the same rapport between the two hosts now. The standard of guests has slipped a bit aswell

Did Lovejoy not leave in about 2007?

I was the worst one for losing interest in it because he had left and a lot of people were saying it was shit without giving it a fair go as it was still the same show for years later until they took an hour off the airing time.

Its a shame its not the show it once was, i used to get up in the morning just to watch it when i was a lad and found it absolutely hilarious but i suppose it was Lovejoy who made it and they couldn't replace him. I just loved how much of a nerd he was but how confident he was as well he was just perfect for the role and it was awful to lose him. I say this as i hear him babbling away on Sunday brunch now and think how disappointed i am in him

Never really watched since Helen asked Calvin Harris, how are "Dumfries United" doing this season, Calvin sneered back, "do you mean Queen of the South"?, she shot a look that could kill at "fat" Trevor, who just shrugged his shoulders, research not a big thing at Soccer AM

Is Frankie Fryer the guy that just screams all the time, he's about as funny as cancer.

Tubes was another w**k stain, do they get their writers and performers from a list of lobotomy patients?

The early shows were all about Tim Lovejoy's ego, no talent just a massive ego to be massaged.

You have to think the shows only kept going to keep Helen Chamberlain in employment.

Unadulterated pish.

Is Frankie Fryer the guy that just screams all the time, he's about as funny as cancer.

Tubes was another w**k stain, do they get their writers and performers from a list of lobotomy patients?

The early shows were all about Tim Lovejoy's ego, no talent just a massive ego to be massaged.

You have to think the shows only kept going to keep Helen Chamberlain in employment.

Unadulterated pish.

Not a fan then?

Never quite got why Sky and Soccer Am thought that making Tubes a focal point of the show was a good move since he comes across as a borderline sex pest, the show ceased being funny years ago, save for the occasional amusing slot like Boston Goals and Manchester News

Edited by bhoy who invented weetabix

Coventry City TV was pretty funny

And that guy who used to tell a joke then afterwards started spinning round and then went "Centrifugal force!!"

And the weather when the guys said "Light drizzle"

Third eyes were amazing as well, Jimmy Bullards ones from the game v Everton were among the funniest things i have ever seen

I thought it went downhill not so much lovejoy quiting but all the background guys like sheephead and fenners. Some of the stuff back in the day was pretty funny, loved spanish commentary and Boston goals. Third eyes were also brilliant. Even show boat isn't whatvit used to be, probably because Ronaldinho isn't on the telly these days!

Edited by Albertlegend